Overloaded Truck Accident Lawsuits in AZ
- Home /
- Overloaded Truck Accident Lawsuits in AZ
Arizona residents are involved in thousands of truck accidents every year. One of the leading causes of Arizona truck accidents are overloaded and overweight trucks. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has regulations regarding the weight of commercial trucks. The agency stipulates that trucks must not exceed 20,000 pounds per axle; this means that the maximum amount of weight for trucks is 80,000.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an overloaded truck accident, you may have financial and legal recourse. Contact an experienced Arizona truck accident attorney today to learn about the legal rights available to accident victims.
For additional informational about truck accident claims, complete the contact form on this page.
Dangers of an Overloaded Truck
The trucking company is responsible for making sure that all of their vehicles meet the federal weight limits before they go out on the road. If the cargo is not properly loaded, measured or balanced, it can result in an accident. If an overweight truck caused a collision, the trucking company can be named as a defendant in a lawsuit.
The following dangerous situations can result in an Arizona truck accident:
- An overloaded truck has more difficulty stopping to avoid a collision.
- The extra weight and momentum can cause vehicle occupants to sustain incapacitating and sometimes fatal injuries.
- Too much weight can lead to a tire blowout.
- Overweight vehicles take a long time to drive uphill, which may pose a risk to approaching vehicles on blind corners.
- While overweight trucks traveling downhill tend to travel much faster and are harder to stop. The extra momentum causes stress to trucks brakes putting them at risk for failure.
- An overloaded truck is susceptible to rollovers due to the higher center of gravity.
- When a truck is overloaded the weight shifts towards the back of the vehicle, making it difficult to handle.
- Trucks that exceed the weight limits for certain roads, bridges and overpasses can cause the road to collapse.
If you were injured in truck accident caused by any of the reason above, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the negligent party.
Contact an Arizona Truck Accident Attorney
Oftentimes, overloaded truck accidents cause massive property damage and serious injuries to occupants in passenger vehicles. While the trucker is responsible of overweight truck, other individuals or entities may be haled accountable for the crash such as:
- Trucking companies
- Shipping companies
- Weigh station officials that allow an overweight truck continue to transport goods.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, 49,550 people were injured in motor vehicle accidents in 2011. If you or a family member was injured in an overloaded truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Accident victims may be able to recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages and property damage. At Phillips Law Group, we urge all injury victims to seek legal guidance following a truck wreck. An experience attorney can advise you on your legal rights and options.
Our attorneys and staff have successfully handled numerous truck accident cases in Phoenix and the surrounding communities. We have helped numerous clients to receive favorable outcomes for their legal claims.
To speak with a member of our team in regards to your truck accident, fill out the contact form on this page.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️