Peoria Mesothelioma Attorney | Phillips Law Group
Mesothelioma is a devastating and incurable disease that develops after people are exposed to asbestos. When asbestos fibers are inhaled they can become embedded in the lining around internal organs and develop into cancerous tumors decades later. Unfortunately, by this point, the disease is likely in its later stages and victims’ life expectancy is about 12 months on average.
At Phillips Law Group, we have an experienced team of attorneys and legal professionals who have been recovering fair compensation for Arizona injury victims for nearly 30 years. We have represented more than 155,000 clients during that time and recovered hundreds of millions in damages on their behalf.
There are no upfront costs for us to represent you, and your consultation is completely free of charge. We collect no fees for our services unless we first recover compensation for you.
Complete ouronline case evaluation formto get more information.
Is My Mesothelioma Claim Eligible for Compensation?
Mesothelioma lawsuits are extremely complicated because of the many factors involved and the difficulty with investigating asbestos exposure.
If you were exposed to mesothelioma at work or suffered secondhand exposure because a family member was exposed, you may have a valid claim, but your attorney will need to fully assess your situation to know for certain.
Some of the documentation our Peoria mesothelioma lawyers would need to collect to build a case include:
- Detailed medical records, including your doctor’s original diagnosis, how the condition is affecting you on a daily basis, and your treatment plan going forward
- Documentation of your work history, including where you may have worked and been exposed to asbestos
- Information about former co-workers who already have lawsuits in progress
An experienced mesothelioma attorney from our firm is available to review your situation and determine if there may be a case. The consultation is free and comes with no obligation to take legal action.
What Is the Value of My Mesothelioma Claim?
Our attorneys need to review your situation to determine the full value of the damages you suffered. Some of the damages that may be available in a mesothelioma claim:
- Expenses related to your chemotherapy and radiation treatment
- Any surgery you may require related to your mesothelioma injury
- Relevant diagnostic tests, including CAT scans, MRI test or X-rays
- Palliative care
- Medical equipment to help with mobility as your condition progresses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Physical pain related to the disease
- Emotional anguish
Sometimes, a mesothelioma victim may die while his or her claim is still in process. If this happens, dependents may be eligible for other damages, including reasonable funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship and loss of care.
Sometimes a company or employer responsible for your asbestos exposure and resulting mesothelioma diagnosis may have filed for bankruptcy. In these cases, there may be special trust funds available for victims seeking compensation for mesothelioma.
We have seen firsthand the emotional trauma and financial burdens that victims and their families suffer when facing a life-ending disease like mesothelioma. This is why we encourage you to contact one of our experienced lawyers.
We are here to help. If you cannot come to us, we can come to you: 1-800-706-3000
Who Can Be Held Liable?
Former employers are not the only parties who may be responsible for your mesothelioma injury. Other entities that may share liability include:
- Manufacturing companies that produced materials containing asbestos after the dangers linking asbestos to mesothelioma had already been revealed
- Mining companies that continued to put employees and local residents at risk for asbestos exposure with their ongoing mining activities
- Property owners could be liable, such as if a contractor was exposed to asbestos while working on commercial or residential property
Types of Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma is a life-ending disease that develops in the thin membrane covering many of your internal organs. After a victim unknowingly inhales asbestos fibers, these fibers can easily become embedded in this thin membrane. Over many years, tumors begin to develop, leading to mesothelioma.
Four of the most common types of mesothelioma include:
- Pleural Mesothelioma ”“ In approximately 70 percent of mesothelioma cases, tumors develop in the lungs. Life expectancy for these victims if diagnosed at Stage 1 could be three or more years with treatment. However, those who are not diagnosed until stages 3 or 4 often do not survive beyond 12 months of their diagnosis.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma ”“ In 20 percent of reported mesothelioma cases, the tumor may form in the lining of the abdomen. The survival rate for these victims can be as long as five years or more if the patient undergoes treatment, including surgery or heated chemotherapy.
- Pericardial Mesothelioma ”“ A very rare type of mesothelioma with only 200 or so cases reported nationwide. After receiving surgical treatment, many of these victims continue to survive for several years.
- Testicular Mesothelioma ”“ With less than 100 known cases, testicular mesothelioma is one of the rarest types of mesothelioma. Treatments include surgical interventions and chemotherapy, often helping victims to survive two years or longer.
There are many treatment centers for mesothelioma in Arizona, including:
- Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center ”“ University Medical Center Phoenix
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Phoenix
- Mayo Clinic Hospital
Mesothelioma Signs and Symptoms
Mesothelioma is a slow-developing medical condition that can take 20 to 50 years to cause symptoms, some of which may include:
- Pain or swelling in the abdomen
- Sudden or unexplained weight loss
- Nausea and bloating
- Painful coughing that becomes chronic
- Wheezing or shortness of breath
- Pain in the chest or ribs
- Lumps of tissue appearing under the skin in the chest area
- Unrelated onset of fever
- Obstructed bowels
- Night sweats
- Balance issues, such as vertigo
- Pleural effusion (a build-up of fluid around the lungs)
- Sudden onset of muscle weakness that does not resolve
- Multiple respiratory complications
Many of these symptoms can be related to other medical conditions, however, if you have a combination of many of these symptoms and worked in a high-risk industry, we strongly recommend that you seek medical attention.
Contact our office to learn how we may be able to help: 1-800-706-3000
Occupations with a High Risk of Exposure
Asbestos has been around for many decades, which is one of the reasons it can be challenging to determine where a victim’s exposure may have occurred. Up until the 1970’s, asbestos was used in thousands of products nationwide, so anyone who worked with or was around these products could have easily been exposed.
There are three main types of asbestos exposure:
- Environmental ”“ Victims may have been mining asbestos or in an environment with a high concentration of asbestos fibers.
- Secondhand ”“ A common example of this is when a family member breathes in asbestos fibers that attached to the clothing of a worker who was exposed to asbestos.
- Occupational ”“ Certain industries put workers at higher risk for asbestos exposure.
There are many industries that present a higher risk of exposure to asbestos, including, but not limited to:
- Asbestos mining
- Automobile repair
- Chemical plants
- Construction workers (carpenters, drywallers, painters, tilers)
- Fire fighting
- Oil refineries
- Paper mills
- Printing factories
- Roofing companies
- Ship building
- Steel manufacturing
If you have multiple symptoms of mesothelioma and have a history of working in one of these high-risk industries, we recommend that you seek advice from a doctor who has extensive knowledge of mesothelioma.
Contact one of our Peoria mesothelioma lawyers to learn more: 1-800-706-3000
How You May Benefit From Hiring a Mesothelioma Lawyer
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may benefit from having experienced legal representation. Our attorneys are well-versed in the complexities of investigating and building a solid mesothelioma injury claim.
Our knowledgeable attorneys are dedicated to protecting your legal rights and representing your best interests throughout the course of your lawsuit. We strive to always keep our clients informed about the status of their case, and if a claim does not settle, we are prepared to go to court on your behalf.
When You Must File Your Mesothelioma Claim
It is important to be aware of Arizona’s statute of limitations, which gives you just two years from the date of your diagnosis to file your mesothelioma claim. Your attorney needs time to thoroughly investigate where your exposure may have occurred, who may be liable and gather evidence to build a strong argument on your behalf, so it is important to call us as soon as possible.
If you are concerned the deadline that applies in your situation may have already passed, we encourage you to contact our office to schedule a free legal consultation. We can review the specifics of your potential claim and discuss your legal options.
Contact a Peoria Mesothelioma Attorney Today
Mesothelioma creates hardships for their families emotionally, physically and financially. At Phillips Law Group, we are prepared to help you recover maximum compensation for your damages. We want you to have the compensation you need to obtain medical treatment and deal with the financial and emotional impact of this diagnosis.
Our qualified attorneys have decades of experience representing injured victims and have recovered more than $1 billion in compensation on their behalf. Our firm’s founding partner, Jeffrey Phillips, has served as lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials throughout the state of Arizona.
If you have a case and we represent you, we do not charge any fees up front. We only collect fees for our services if we recover compensation on your behalf.
Phillips Law Group has the resources to help you. Call today: 1-800-706-3000
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️