Peoria Whistleblower Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
If you are aware that your employer is taking part in illegal activity, it may be in your best interest to contact a qualified Peoria whistleblower attorney to learn more about how you can protect yourself. At Phillips Law Group, our firm understands the risk you take in coming forward. This is why it is important to speak to a lawyer to protect your safety.
Our firm has decades of combined legal experience helping over 155,000 clients obtain compensation for the losses they have experienced. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your claim with us during a free and confidential consultation. There are no upfront costs if we represent you. We only get paid if we help you secure compensation.
What You Should Know About the False Claims Act
The law governing whistleblower claims is known as theFalse Claims Act. It was originally created during the Civil War to try to prevent government suppliers from abusing their financial relationship with the army.
The law has been expanded over the years and now combats health care fraud and identifies abuse in certain industries like construction, housing and energy and prohibits some of the following:
- Failure of delivering money or property that is to be used by the government
- Scheming to submit a false claim
- Knowingly using or making a false statement or record that is on the same terms as a false claim
- Knowingly causing or presenting a false claim for payment or approval
- Knowingly receiving property from someone who does not have the right to sell the property
- Being involved in the delivery of a document that confirms obtaining government property without recognizing if the information is correct
What a Whistleblower Lawyer Can Do for You
Coming forward with an accusation of illegal activity in the workplace can put you at risk of retaliation. Our firm understands this risk and are prepared to make your safety a priority. That is why your consultation with us is absolutely confidential and 100 percent free.
We understand how complex whistleblower cases can be and how difficult it is to prove that an employer violated the False Claims Act. Our firm has the knowledge and resources to handle these cases. We are well-versed in this law as well as other state and federal laws that may apply to your particular circumstances.
If we determine that you have a valid case, a detailed investigation will be conducted and supportive evidence will be gathered in order to build a strong case for compensation.
It may be likely that the government will intervene in the case. This may be beneficial as cases with government intervention often have a high success rate. If the government gets involved, their attorneys will take control of the case and may choose to either pursue and prosecute the case, dismiss the case or settle it.
We understand that the nature of this situation is highly sensitive and confidentiality is key. That is why it is important to have a legal team on your side to guide you through the entire process.
Need legal help? Gives us a call 1-800-706-3000 .
Compensation That May Be Available
If a whistleblower claim is successful, you may be eligible to obtain a portion of the return recovered by the government ”“ anywhere between 15 to 25 percent.
In cases where the government does not intervene, the whistleblower may receive up to 30 percent. Also, if the case is successful, an employer is expected to reinstate their employee into his or her previous position and give double back pay. Retaliation could include:
- Poor performance reviews
- Physical or verbal abuse
- Making the employee’s tasks more difficult
- Denying a promotion
If you have any questions regarding your claim, our attorneys are available to discuss your situation at any time of the day. Schedule a free consultation at your earliest convenience.
Whistleblower Claims Our Firm Handles
At Phillips Law Group, our firm has handled a number of different whistleblower cases that involve committing fraud against the U.S. government. These include the following:
- Health care ”“ When health care providers submit fraudulent claims of payment against the government, they are guilty of violating the False Claims Act. This may include inflating charges to Medicaid or Medicare for services they did not provide or charging a patient twice for the same treatment.
- Financial ”“ This type of fraudulent activity may include mortgage or government pension fraud.
- Environmental ”“ If the environmental industry unethically lies about providing a certain service, like removing toxic waste from an area but neglects to do so, this is form of fraud against the government.
- Research ”“ When research data is falsified in order to gain eligibility for U.S. grant funds, this is a form of fraudulent activity against the government.
Other forms of whistleblower claims in other industries include:
- Government grants
- Government packed pensions
- Federal student loans
- Defense contracts
Call a Peoria Whistleblower Lawyer For a Free Consultation
If you have information about your employer committing illegal activity, it is in your best interest to contact an attorney to learn about your rights and possible legal options.
At Phillips Law Group, we understand that this situation is sensitive and your protection is our priority. Our firm is prepared to review your situation during your free consultation. There is no risk or obligation involved. You will not be charged upfront fees for our services.
Reach us anytime over the phone at 1-800-706-3000 or online.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️