Lake Havasu City Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers | Phillips Law Group
- Home / Practice Areas | Phillips Law Group / Practice Areas | Lake Havasu City | Phillips Law Group /
- Lake Havasu City Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers | Phillips Law Group
Being involved in a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall incident, or work-related accident can cause victims to sustain a traumatic brain injury (TBI). If you or a loved one suffered this type of injury, it is important to discuss it with a lawyer who is familiar with the causes, symptoms, and treatment of these injuries.
A Lake Havasu City traumatic brain injury lawyer from our firm is prepared to review your claim and discuss your potential legal options during a free consultation. The legal team at Phillips Law Group has been helping brain injury victims for almost three decades and we have obtained millions in compensation for our clients. Some recoveries include $7.65 million for a victim who sustained a TBI in a motorcycle crash and $3.1 million for a victim who suffered brain trauma after a collision. Our award-winning founder Jeffrey Phillips is a member of the National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers ”“ Top 25.
There is no cost to get a free consultation. If you decide to hire our firm, you pay us nothing up front, and you pay nothing at all unless we help you win your case.
Reach us 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 1-800-706-3000 .
Am I Eligible To File a Case for Compensation?
Every brain injury is different and can impact a victim’s life in many ways resulting in long-lasting symptoms, permanent disability or even death. That is why we encourage discussing a possible legal claim with an experienced Kingman or Lake Havasu City traumatic brain injury attorney.
To be able to recover compensation, you must show that your injury was caused by the negligence of another. Our attorneys are prepared to help you prove the following elements to establish negligence:
- Duty of care was owed ”“ The other side had a legal duty to act with reasonable care to prevent you and others from suffering harm. For instance, doctors have an obligation to meet the medical standard of care.
- Duty of care was breached ”“ The other side failed in his or her duty to act as a reasonable person would have in the same situation. For instance, a motorist decided to drive home while drunk, neglecting to protect the safety of others sharing the roadway.
- Link between the breach and your injury ”“ The other side’s breach of duty of care directly caused your injury, which would have not otherwise happened. Had the construction site manager properly supervised the area for hazards, fallen debris would not have hit you on the head and caused a TBI.
- Existence of damages ”“ The other side’s breach of duty of care also caused you to suffer damages, like medical bills related to hospital stays to treat your injury and loss of wages from missing work.
To see if you may have a viable case, get in touch with our legal team at Phillips Law Group today.
Free Consultation. No upfront fees. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Case Value of Traumatic Brain Injuries
The case value for a traumatic brain injury will depend on many factors unique to your situation.
Damages brain injury victims might be able to recover include:
- Medical bills related to the injury
- Future medical treatment costs
- Lifetime care costs
- Prescription medications
- Physical therapy
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Funeral or burial expenses
Questions regarding the value of your potential case? Schedule a free consultation with our dedicated Lake Havasu City traumatic brain injury lawyers. There is no risk or obligation in reaching out.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer for a Traumatic Brain Injury
TBI cases can be complex and in order pursue compensation, you will need to show the full extent of your injury to the insurance company and know how to navigate the Arizona legal system. That is why you could benefit from having the knowledge, experience and resources of Phillips Law Group’s legal team on your side.
Our lawyers at Phillips Law Group are ready to assist with the following tasks, if you have a case:
- Conduct a detailed investigation to support your claim
- Gather evidence to help prove negligence occurred
- Build a strong case to pursue maximum compensation
- Communicate with the insurance companies on your behalf
- Negotiate a fair settlement or head to trail, if necessary
Should you have a case and decide to move forward, we are prepared to protect your best interests each step of the way. When the insurance company offers a lowball settlement, our legal team are also ready to negotiate for the full value of your damages.
Deadline to File a TBI Case in Arizona
In Arizona, brain injury victims generally have two years from the date the accident occurred to take action against the negligent party. Failure to file within two years will likely result in a dismissal of your case.
Although certain exceptions could exist. You may be required to file before or after the deadline. Under the state’s discovery rule, the clock will not start running until the date you discovered the injury or should have discovered the injury. Minors who suffer a brain injury have until two years from their 18th birthday to file. There is even a separate deadline for claims against the government ”“ one year from the accident, generally.
Your deadline will depend on your situation. Contact our firm to find out if your time to file has passed.
Call 1-800-706-3000 to get started. Our phone lines are open 24/7.
Types and Levels of Traumatic Brain Injuries
No two traumatic brain injuries are the same. The types and level of injury depend on the amount of force that impacts the head. Some of the most common types of TBIs include:
- Concussion ”“ Concussions can occur when there is a direct blow or violent shake to the head. These injuries can cause significant difficulties or impairments lasting a lifetime. The victim may experience a brief loss of consciousness or feel dazed, and it could take a few months to a few years to fully heal, if it ever does fully heal.
- Contusion ”“ Contusions can occur when there is a direct impact to the head, causing a bruise or bleeding in the brain. Large contusions that do not stop bleeding may require surgery to remove.
- Coup-Contrecoup ”“ A coup-countrecoup injury can occur when there is a strong impact to the brain causing it to hit the opposite side of the skull. These injuries are violent and symptoms are immediate. Recovery time depends on the severity of the blow and location of impact.
- Diffuse Axonal ”“ A diffuse axonal injury can occur when the head is strongly shaken or rotated, causing extensive tearing of nerve tissue throughout the brain. These injuries can result in functional impairments, temporary or permanent brain damage, coma or death.
- Penetration ”“ A penetrating injury can occur when an object penetrates the brain and skull. These injuries can be fatal if not treated promptly. Victims often experience severe bleeding, blot clots, loss of oxygen to various parts of the brain, and other immediate symptoms.
There are also several levels of TBIs to be aware of:
Mild TBIs happen when victims lose consciousness for a brief moment, typically several seconds to a few minutes. If there is no loss of consciousness, the victim may feel dazed or confused. Tests or scans of the brain can appear normal. The only way to diagnose these injuries is when there is a change in the victim’s mental status at the time of injury.
Moderate TBIs happen when victims lose consciousness for several minutes to a few hours. The victim may feel confused for days or weeks and any physical, cognitive or behavioral impairments could last for months or become permanent. Generally, victims with moderate brain injuries may recover with proper treatment.
Severe TBIs happen when victims receive a crushing blow or penetrating wound to the head. These life-threatening injuries can crush or tear brain tissue, usually requiring prolonged hospitalization and extensive treatment. In the worse cases, victims can suffer irreversible harm or death.
Causes and Symptoms of a Brain Injury
Brain injuries are often caused in certain types of accidents and situations:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slips, trips and falls
- Truck accidents
- Construction accidents
- Defective products
- Work-related accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Pool drowning accidents
”¦ and many more.
These incidents can cause a brain injury victim to suffer a variety of symptoms, such as:
- Severe headaches
- Loss of consciousness
- Dizziness or disorientation
- Vision or hearing difficulties
- Nausea and vomiting
- Changes in personality
- Memory loss
- Slurred speech
- Trouble sleeping
- Balance and coordination issues
- Difficulty speaking or writing
Many symptoms of TBI can hinder a victim’s ability to return to work or take part in their daily activities. This can result in costly medical treatment and loss of wages, placing a financial burden on you and your family. We welcome the opportunity to review your claim and whether you may be eligible to pursue compensation to help cover these costs. You may even be able to recover damages for any pain and suffering endured.
Call Our Lake Havasu City Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury caused by the negligence of another, our lawyers at Phillips Law Group are available anytime, day or night, to discuss your potential legal claim during a free consultation. We are committed to protecting the legal rights of victims struggling with serious brain injuries.
Our firm provides representation to residents of Kingman and Lake Havasu City and the rest of Arizona and has been doing so for almost three decades. We have established a strong record of success, obtaining $1 billion compensation on behalf of our clients.
We offer consultations at no cost to you. If we represent you, we do not charge any upfront fees and only get paid if you receive compensation via a settlement or verdict.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️