Lake Havasu City, AZ Negligent Security Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
- Home / Practice Areas | Phillips Law Group / Practice Areas | Lake Havasu City | Phillips Law Group /
- Lake Havasu City, AZ Negligent Security Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
When property owners fail to provide proper security, visitors could be injured in an assault or some other type of criminal activity.
If you think more security was necessary at the site of your injury, you should consider talking to an experienced attorney about pursuing compensation. The legal team at Phillips Law Group has obtained more than $1 billion on behalf of Arizona injury victims over more than 27 years. We obtained $1 million in a premises liability case filed by a client who suffered paralysis from a broken neck.
Founding partner Jeffrey Phillips has recovered compensation in several Arizona counties and served as lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials.
The consultation with our attorneys is free of charge and there is no obligation to take legal action afterward. At Phillips Law Group, there are no fees unless injury victims receive compensation.
Call today to discuss your injury and possible legal options. 1-800-706-3000
Do I Have a Case for Negligent Security?
Negligent security means the property owner failed to take reasonable steps to provide security for the premises. The definition of reasonable steps depends on many factors, such as the location of the property and recent crimes in the area.
Common examples of reasonable steps to ensure a property is safe may include:
- Hiring security guard(s)
- Installing an alarm system
- Making sure there is adequate lighting, particularly in parking lots
- Installing cameras
- Inspecting windows and doors to ensure locks work
Where Negligent Security Cases Often Arise
When property owners do not take reasonable steps, visitors could suffer injuries from criminal activity on the premises. This could happen in many different locations:
- Movie theaters
- Colleges and universities
- Bus stations
- Grocery stores
- Apartment complexes
- Retail stores and shopping malls
- Cruise ships
- Hotels and resorts
- Vacation rental properties
Victims of crimes could also be vendors making deliveries or attempting to sell a product to the property owner.
However, you must do more than prove there was a lack of security. Your lawyer must also prove the property owner was negligent. There are four parts of negligence:
- Duty of care was owed to you ”“ The property owner was legally required to provide adequate security so the place would be reasonably safe for visitors. However, the victim must have been legally permitted to be on the premises. Trespassers generally cannot file a negligent security claim.
- Duty of care was breached ”“ The property owner did not act to uphold his or her legal obligation to maintain a safe property.
- Causation ”“ There must be a direct connection between the failure to uphold the duty of care and the injuries suffered by the victim. For example, if you were assaulted in a poorly-lit area, you would need to show the attack would have been much less likely to occur with better lighting.
- Damages were suffered ”“ You need to provide evidence of damages caused by your injuries, such as medical expenses for current and future treatment, pain and suffering, lost wages, or other damages.
Contact a Lake Havasu City negligent security lawyer for a free consultation to discuss your claim. 1-800-706-3000
What is a Negligent Security Case Worth?
This is difficult to answer without reviewing the specifics of your claim. The more severe the injury, the more the claim is likely to be worth. This is often because a severe injury requires ongoing treatment after the claim has been settled or a lawsuit has resulted in a verdict.
There are a variety of damages victims may suffer because of negligent security, besides just medical expenses. There may be physical pain and suffering, along with lost wages from missed time at work. In some cases, injuries are so severe the victim must work in a different capacity because of a permanent disability.
This is a complex issue you can discuss with the licensed attorneys at Phillips Law Group.
Deadline for Filing a Claim
Generally, injury victims in Arizona must file a claim within two years of the date of the injury, otherwise it will be barred by state law. If you file a claim, it will likely be dismissed in court.
There are exceptions to this deadline. For example, if you were injured on government property, you have just 180 days to provide notice of claim to the party you are filing against. Minors have two years from their 18th birthday to file a claim.
It is important to act quickly because the clock could already be running. The consultation with the Lake Havasu City negligent security lawyers at Phillips Law Group is free of charge.
How Could a Lawyer Help Me?
There are many advantages to having a lawyer represent you in your negligent security claim. Those who seek legal representation often obtain more compensation than those who do not.
Hiring a lawyer also allows you to focus on your recovery. At Phillips Law Group, we are prepared to manage the entire legal process on your behalf to allow you to focus on your recovery. This may include:
- Investigating the scene
- Studying data on recent criminal activity in the area
- Gathering evidence about past incidents of crime on the property
- Seeking witnesses who can explain what happened
- Negotiating for fair compensation from the insurance company
- Preparing to go to trial if necessary
We keep our clients well-informed throughout the process and do not charge upfront fees. We know how important it is to obtain maximum compensation for victims as they look to move on with their lives.
Call a Lake Havasu City Negligent Security Lawyer to Discuss Your Claim
Have you been injured on another’s property due to a lack of security?
You may be eligible to pursue compensation for your damages. However, the legal process can be very complicated, so you should consider hiring legal representation.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of obtaining favorable compensation for injury victims ”“ more than $1 billion recovered in more than 27 years of representing Arizona injury victims.
Your consultation is free of charge and comes with no obligation to take legal action. If you were injured on another’s property in Lake Havasu City, Kingman or the surrounding area, call to schedule your free case evaluation. We do not charge fees unless we obtain compensation on your behalf.
We welcome a chance to review your situation and discuss how we may be able to assist you. Call 1-800-706-3000 .
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️