Peoria Slip and Fall Attorney | Phillips Law Group
Slip and fall accidents are a common occurrence that can happen for a number of different reasons. In some cases, a slip and fall accident can lead to severe injuries that require extensive medical treatment.
If you or a loved one was involved in a slip and fall on public or private property, it may be beneficial to speak to a qualified Peoria slip and fall lawyer to learn about your legal options and to find out if you have a right to pursue compensation for your injury and other losses.
At Phillips Law Group, we have helped over 155,000 clients obtain millions in compensation for the damages they experienced in an accident. Our firm offers a free, no-obligation legal consultation to review your situation and determine if you have a valid case. We work on a contingency fee basis, so there an no upfront costs. We only get paid if we help you win.
Can I Pursue Compensation For My Slip and Fall Injury?
After a slip and fall accident, you may be wondering whether you have a viable case to pursue compensation for your injury. Generally, you must establish there was a dangerous condition on the property the owner failed to warn or fix that caused your slip and fall.
It is difficult to know if you have a case without having thorough knowledge of premise liability and negligent laws in Arizona. That is why we recommend reaching out to a Peoria slip and fall attorney from our firm to find out of you are eligible to take legal action.
Property owners have a legal obligation to keep their premises safe from hazards that could potentially cause harm to visitors. However, his or her duty depends on the legal status of the visitor at the time of injury on the property. Visitors are typically classified as follows:
- Invitee ”“ An invitee is someone who has prior permission to enter the property for business purposes, such as a customer visiting a department store or an employee entering their place of work. In these cases, the property owner must take certain steps in ensuring the invitee’s safety. For example, if there is a spill on the ground, management must quickly attend to the spill or warn guests of the potential hazard.
- Licensee ”“ A licensee is someone who is invited on the property by the owner for non-business related purposes. This may be for a social gathering or a person visiting a private residence. The owner has a legal duty to warn the licensee of any potential dangers on the property that the licensee will unlikely be able to discover.
- Trespasser ”“ A trespasser is a someone who has not been given permission by the owner to enter the property. In these cases, a legal duty is not owed to trespassers. There are exceptions however. The owner could be liable for damages if he or she intentionally causes harm or if the trespasser is a child that does not know better.
Free Consultation. There is no risk in calling us. 1-800-706-3000 .
What Is the Value of My Slip and Fall Case?
Since each slip and fall is different, the value of a case will depend on several factors, such as the severity of your injuries and whether you require ongoing medical care.
Our Peoria slip and fall attorneys are prepared to evaluate your financial, physical and emotional losses to determine the amount and types of damages you may be compensated. You could be eligible to obtain compensation for the following damages:
These damages are the concrete losses you experienced as a result of your slip and fall. Typically, it is easier to come up with the value of these losses by examining medical bills or costs of property damage. These types of losses may include:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medication
- Transportation costs (to and from doctor’s appointments)
- Loss of wages or benefits
- Lost earning capacity
These damages may be pursued if you have endured severe injuries that may have had an effect on your physical and emotional well-being. These type of losses may include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring or disfigurement
If you have suffered a slip and fall that was preventable, it may be in your best interest to contact an attorney from our firm to discuss the legal options that may be available to you.
Is There a Deadline to Take Legal Action?
In Arizona, personal injury cases, including slip and fall accidents, must be filed within two years from the date that the accident occurred. This is mandated under the state’s statute of limitations. Taking legal action as soon as possible is important since claims submitted after this deadline run the risk of being dismissed by the court.
Only certain circumstances allow victims to file differently. In cases involving minors, the child does not have to begin filing until he or she turns 18 years old. If you were not aware of your injury, the filing date would also not begin until it was reasonably discovered.
How Can a Lawyer From Phillips Law Group Help Me?
At Phillips Law Group, our lawyers have over 27 years of experience helping injury victims obtain compensation for slip and fall accidents. Should you have a case and we represent you, our legal team is prepared to handle the following on your behalf:
- Run a thorough investigation of the accident
- Gather supportive evidence, like photos or video footage, medical records that connect your injury to the accident, and witness statements
- Identify insurance policies that may apply
- Communicate with the insurance companies
- Determine an accurate value of your damages
- Negotiate for a just and fair settlement
We understand that this may be a stressful time for you and your family, which is why we are ready to guide you through the legal process so can focus on your health and recovery.
Read severalreviews from satisfied clients.
How Slip and Fall Accidents Can Happen
Slip and fall accidents can happen on a public roadway, private property or just about anywhere. Some of the most common locations include:
- Parking lots
- Grocery stores
- Office buildings
- Hotels and motels
- Fine dining establishments
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Sporting events
- Apartment complexes
- Private homes
- Department stores
- Large retail establishments
- Movie theaters
- Public parks and playgrounds
- Swimming pools
- Small businesses
- Construction sites
These accidents are often caused by dangerous conditions present on the property, such as:
- Poorly maintained flooring, like torn or ripped carpeting or broken floor tiles
- Uneven surfaces due to an unexpected change between one flooring type to another
- Wet or slippery floors caused by liquid or food spills
- Inadequate lighting that prohibits a visitor from noticing potential hazards
- Stairs that do not follow code, like having no handrails or broken steps
If you believe that your slip and fall accident could have been prevented with better property maintenance, it may be in your best interests to reach out to our Peoria slip and fall attorneys for assistance on your claim.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
Though most slip and fall accidents are minor and can be addressed with a standard aid kit, some slip and fall accidents can cause severe damages, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones
- Sprained ligaments
- Shoulder dislocations
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to consult with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible after seeking medical care.
Contact a Peoria Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Today
Slip and fall cases can be difficult to handle without legal representation on your side. A lawyer will have your best interests in mind and can help manage the process for you.
Our legal team at Philips Law Group has represented over 155,000 clients and recovered millions in injury compensation. Partner Jeffrey Phillips is an avid member of the American Academy of Trial Attorneys.
We offer 100 percent free consultation with no risk or obligation to move forward. There are no upfront fees for our legal services and only get paid if we help you obtain a recovery.
Call us anytime at 1-800-706-3000 so we can start reviewing your situation.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️