Lake Havasu City Mesothelioma Attorney | Phillips Law Group
- Home / Practice Areas | Phillips Law Group / Practice Areas | Lake Havasu City | Phillips Law Group /
- Lake Havasu City Mesothelioma Attorney | Phillips Law Group
Are you a victim of an asbestos-related disease? If you or someone you care about is suffering from mesothelioma – an incurable, life-threatening medical condition – you may be eligible for compensation to help cover associated medical costs and other damages.
At Phillips Law Group, we have been fighting for the rights of injury victims in Mohave County and other counties in Arizona for nearly 30 years. We are aggressive when it comes to pursuing maximum compensation from negligent parties who should be held accountable for their actions. Jeffrey Phillips, our firm’s founder, has achieved successful verdicts in over 40 jury trials throughout the state. Our experienced Lake Havasu City mesothelioma lawyers have a proven track record that includes the recovery of more than $1 billion in compensation on behalf of 155,000 consumer clients.
If you are considering whether you may qualify to file a mesothelioma claim, we encourage you to contact our office today. We can discuss the merits of your potential claim in a free legal consultation. There is no obligation to retain our services after that meeting, but if we represent you, there are no upfront costs for you to pay. We are not paid unless we recover compensation for you.
Call our firm to obtain more information. 1-800-706-3000
How Do I Know If My Case Qualifies?
Many mesothelioma victims may be eligible, although, before we can validate that your claim has merit, we must first examine all the factors that may have led to your diagnosis. These factors could include:
- Medical records describing your mesothelioma diagnosis, including any doctor notes detailing its effect on your daily life, and your prescribed plan of care
- Documents that can attest to your prior work history
- Other critical points throughout your employment where you may have handled or worked with products that contained asbestos fibers
- Details from former co-workers who may already have filed a mesothelioma lawsuit
- Any tangible proof you may be able to provide that establishes your former employer used products containing asbestos
This is why we recommend that you speak with a knowledgeable lawyer about your potential claim.
Learn more about the legal process for mesothelioma lawsuits: 1-800-706-3000
What Is The Value of My Mesothelioma Case?
If your attorney can build a strong argument establishing that your former employer may have exposed you to asbestos, you may be able to recover compensation for your damages. However, assessing the full value is not something that can happen until we understand the facts pertaining to your unique situation.
If you have a mesothelioma case, there are various damages that you may be eligible for, including:
- Cost of chemotherapy and radiation treatments
- Surgical interventions related to your condition
- Diagnostic testing- MRIs, X-rays, CAT scans
- Palliative care
- Loss of income
- Assistive medical equipment to aid in mobility as the disease progresses
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
Some of the negligent companies responsible for exposing employees to asbestos may have filed for bankruptcy resulting from the fallout of mesothelioma lawsuits. In these cases, there may be a special trust fund for those who seek damages.
Who May Be Held Liable?
Employers may often be found liable in cases involving mesothelioma victims. Employers have a right to expect that their work environment is safe, or that if there is a potential danger, they will receive adequate warnings, safety equipment and/or appropriate training to protect them from any known hazards, such as asbestos-related products.
Other parties who may also share liability include the following:
- Property owners”“ Contractors may have been exposed to asbestos while working on residential, government or commercial properties.
- Product manufacturers”“ Any company that manufactured products containing asbestos may be held liable for creating an unsafe product.
- Mining companies”“ Asbestos mining companies may be held liable for not protecting workers or residents located nearby from airborne asbestos particles.
We are available to take your call 24/7: 1-800-706-3000
Types of Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma is an incurable medical condition that may develop in the thin membrane-like tissue covering many internal organs. Once the asbestos fibers are inhaled, they embed themselves into the lining of this layer of tissue, leading to four main types of mesothelioma:
- Pleural Mesothelioma”“ About 70 percent of all reported cases of mesothelioma affect the lungs. The tumor forms in the lungs and chest area and the life expectancy for victims following a Stage 1 diagnosis is three or more years with treatment. However, those diagnosed later, at Stages 3 or 4, commonly pass away within 12 months of diagnosis.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma”“ When the tumor forms in the tissue of the abdomen, as it does in up to 20 percent of reported cases, life expectancy for victims is five or more years following surgery and heated chemotherapy.
- Pericardial Mesothelioma”“ This type of mesothelioma is so rare that it has only been reported in about 200 cases throughout the country. Many victims who have been treated surgically can live for several years beyond the estimated life expectancy rate of six weeks to one year.
- Testicular Mesothelioma”“ This most rare form of mesothelioma develops in the testicles, with less than 100 reported cases. Testicular mesothelioma is treated with both surgery and chemotherapy, which may help victims live as long as two years or more following a diagnosis.
While there are many treatment centers that can help victims achieve a longer life expectancy, mesothelioma is not a curable disease. In Arizona, some of the top-rated treatment centers include:
- Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center ”“ University Medical Center Phoenix
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Phoenix
- Mayo Clinic Hospital
: 1-800-706-3000 .
Occupational Asbestos Exposure Risk
Asbestos has been around for many decades and by the 1970’s was being used in thousands of products, so anyone handling those items has an increased risk of being exposed in one of various ways, including:
- Environmental exposure ”“ When someone is exposed to asbestos in its natural environment
- Secondhand exposure ”“ A worker or other individual who is exposed to airborne asbestos particles may subsequently expose anyone who comes into contact with his or her clothing
- Occupational exposure – The risk of developing an asbestos-related disease is significantly greater in certain industries.
Occupations that are at-risk for being exposed to asbestos may include:
- Construction workers
- Asbestos miners
- Contract workers
- Chemical plant laborers
- Car mechanics
- Ship builders
- Military personnel
”¦ and many more.
Common Indicators of Mesothelioma
There are many signs and symptoms associated with mesothelioma, many of which do not show up until as long as 20 to 50 years after the initial exposure took place. Common indicators of mesothelioma may include one or more of the following:
- Abdominal pain or swelling
- Sudden, unexplained weight loss
- Bloating and nausea
- Chronic painful cough
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in the chest or ribs
- Lumps of tissue underneath the skin on the chest
- Fever not related to sickness
- Obstructed bowels
- Night sweats
- Vertigo or other balance issues
- Pleural effusion (when fluid builds up around the lungs)
- Unexplained onset of muscle weakness
- Multiple respiratory complications
If you develop more than one of these symptoms and have a high-risk background for asbestos exposure, it is important that you see a doctor as soon as possible and then contact our firm for help.
How You May Benefit From Hiring a Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma victims may benefit from having a legal representation in many different ways, not the least of which is that those who hire a lawyer to represent and manage their case typically end up with a greater compensation than those who try to manage on their own.
Our licensed Kingman or Lake Havasu City mesothelioma lawyers at Phillips Law Group are prepared to take on a variety of mesothelioma cases. We have the staff, resources and ability to call on industry experts as needed to determine when and where asbestos exposure happened.
Additionally, retaining our services means:
- Having a legal professional on your side who is dedicated to protecting your interests
- Managing the investigation to ensure your claim has an optimum chance for success
- Keeping you fully informed through each step of the legal process
- Negotiating a fair settlement through a trust fund or going to trial if necessary
Fill out ourfree online formto get started.
Is There a Filing Deadline in Arizona?
As with most personal injury cases, you must file your claim within Arizona’s statute of limitations, which is two years from the date of your mesothelioma diagnosis. There could be certain exceptions that shorten this deadline, such as in cases where you are filing a lawsuit against a government entity.
Even if you think your deadline to file may have passed, we encourage you to contact our legal team for a free consultation to review your circumstances and discuss what legal options you may have.
Call a Lake Havasu City Mesothelioma Attorney for a Free Consultation
At Phillips Law Group, we want you to focus on your family and your health. If you have an eligible claim and we represent you, an attorney from our firm is prepared to fight for maximum recovery for you. We are also willing to make hospital and home visits if your situation prevents you from coming to our office.
Contact our legal team to schedule a free consultation. Since we take mesothelioma cases on contingency, we do not collect any fees unless we obtain compensation for you.
Phillips Law Group. Free Consultation. Call today: 1-800-706-3000
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️