Peoria Civil Rights Lawyer

Every person in the United States is granted certain freedoms and civil rights. Unfortunately, every day individuals face discrimination or other civil rights violations. If you or a loved one’s civil rights have been violated, you may be able to file a damages claim to hold the violator accountable and pursue compensation.

At Phillips Law Group, we have been advocating for our clients’ rights for over 27 years, recovering hundreds of millions in compensation. We helped a family recover $350,000 after their loved one was shot by police.

Contact our Peoria civil rights lawyers today to set up a free consultation to discuss your claim and learn about your potential legal options. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means we do no charge upfront costs or attorney’s fees. This is because we only get paid if we help you obtain compensation for your claim.

Fill out aFree Case Evaluation formto get started.

How Can a Civil Rights Attorney from Phillips Law Group Help Me?

Our Peoria civil rights attorneys have extensive knowledge of the laws that apply to these claims. We have the resources needed to fully investigate a claim and build a strong case on your behalf.

We encourage you to reach out to our firm today to learn more about your potential legal options. Civil rights violation claims are complex and having a lawyer with the experience and knowledge of these type of cases is beneficial.

Contact our firm at 602-222-222 today.

Common Civil Rights Violations That Lead to Lawsuits

There are a variety of civil rights violations that often occur in a variety of situations, such as:

  • Racial profiling
  • Employment discrimination
  • Verbal and physical assault
  • Unlawful arrest
  • Police brutality
  • Housing discrimination
  • Domestic abuse

It is important to have an experienced civil rights attorney to help you through the legal process.

Our Peoria civil rights attorneys at Phillips Law Group are prepared to discuss your claim during a free, no-obligation consultation.

Types of Civil Rights Damages Claims

If you or a loved one has experienced a civil rights violation, you may be able to hold the person who committed the violation responsible for his or her actions.

Some of the most common types of civil rights cases that our firm is prepared to represent include:

  • Police misconduct ”“ Law enforcement officials are often immune from lawsuits, unless victims can prove a civil rights violation was committed. There are many examples of police misconduct, including racial profiling, unlawful arrests, the use of excessive force and other abuses of power.
  • Property disputes ”“ These types of lawsuits concern real property or real estate. For example, a claim may arise when a property owner disagrees with a neighbor about where his or her property line begins and ends. In such disputes, your attorney may need to consult the local government to determine the correct property lines.
  • Housing discrimination ”“ If a property owner discriminates on the basis of race, age, religion, or marital status when allowing people to buy or lease property, they may have the right to file a claim.
  • Employment discrimination ”“ When an employer denies someone a job because of their gender, religion, age or sexual orientation, that person may have a civil rights complaint.
  • Contract disputes ”“ Contract disputes occur when two or more parties share a written agreement and one or more parties stops following the terms of the agreement.
  • Domestic violence ”“ A person who falls victim to domestic abuse may file a claim against his or her abuser for damages. Generally, legal action does not start until the victim is safe from any further harm. Restraining orders usually precede domestic violence claims.
  • Government discrimination ”“ Employees working in government agencies who face discrimination may be able to file a claim for damages.

If you have any questions about your situation, we recommend speaking to a licensed Peoria civil rights attorney from our firm.

What Should I Do After a Civil Rights Violation?

Many victims are unsure of what to do after their civil rights have been violated. There are many options that may be available to help you seek a resolution:

  • Informal negotiation ”“ Generally, this is a discussion between the involved parties that lays out the situation. Long legal battles can be avoided if all involved parties sit down to have a conversation about the matter.
  • Mediation ”“ If informal negotiation is unsuccessful, mediation may follow. The mediator works with all parties to attempt to resolve the dispute. However, the mediator has no legal authority to impose a resolution on the involved parties.
  • Arbitration ”“ In arbitration, one or more arbitrators serve as neutral third parties and attempt to determine a resolution. The award is legally binding and enforceable in court. Many parties prefer arbitration as it less expensive and can resolve the situation much more quickly.
  • Lawsuit ”“ If all three of the other scenarios above fail, then you may be able to file a claim in state or federal court.

At Phillips Law Group, we are available to discuss your claim at your earliest convenience.

Call us today to learn more: 602-222-222

Do I Lose My Rights if I End Up in Prison?

Though it is true that prison inmates may lose certain rights, like the right to privacy while incarcerated or from warrantless searches, your civil rights are always protected under the U.S. Constitution. If you feel that your civil rights have been violated while in prison, you may be able to file a claim.

Contact a Peoria, Arizona Civil Rights and Liberties Attorney from Phillips Law Group Today

If your civil rights were violated or abused, it is important to seek legal counsel from an experienced attorney who understands how to pursue these cases.

Phillips Law Group has been helping victims fight for their rights for over 27 years. We are ready to discuss your claim during a 100 percent free and confidential consultation. If you have a valid case, we are prepared to guide you throughout the legal process so that we can pursue compensation for the damages you may have suffered. We will not charge you any upfront fees. We only get paid if we help you obtain compensation for your claim.

You can give us a call at 602-222-222 to set up your free consultation.