Lake Havasu City, AZ Workplace Amputation Attorney | Phillips Law Group
- Home / Practice Areas | Phillips Law Group / Practice Areas | Lake Havasu City | Phillips Law Group / Lake Havasu City Workers’ Compensation Lawyers | Phillips Law Group /
- Lake Havasu City, AZ Workplace Amputation Attorney | Phillips Law Group
If a work accident that resulted in an amputation was caused by the employer’s negligence, the victim may be able to file a claim for compensation. It can be important to reach out to an experienced Lake Havasu City workplace amputation attorney to find out if you may have a valid claim.
At Phillips Law Group, our team is dedicated to helping Arizona injury victims achieve justice and recover compensation for damages. We have helped over thousands of clients in almost 30 years, recovering more than $1 billion in compensation, and may be able to help you too. For instance, we obtained $834,000 and $750,000 for two severely injured workers.
Plus, our award-winning founder Jeffrey Phillips is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 list.
Contact our firm for a risk-free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your potential legal options. We can be contacted 24 hours a day, seven days a week to schedule a free consultation at your earliest convenience. We also work on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not charge for our services unless we help you win favorable compensation for your claim.
Am I Eligible to Pursue Compensation for My Injury?
Each workplace amputation case is different, and it is difficult to determine if you may have a valid case without knowing the specifics.
One thing we need to determine is if your employer’s negligence played a role in your accident and resulting injury. We must establish that the four elements of negligence were present in your accident:
- Duty of care — The person/entity responsible for the accident had a legal obligation to keep you safe from harm. This could mean ensuring employees and supervisors are following safety protocols to keep employees out of harm’s way.
- Breach of duty of care — The responsible party did not uphold his or her legal obligation to maintain a safe environment.
- Causation — There is a link between the breach of duty of care and the injuries the victim suffered. Generally, this means the victim would have been uninjured if not for the at-fault party’s actions or failure to act.
- Damages — Finally, we must show you experienced damages as a result of your injuries. Damages may include things like medical bills and physical pain and suffering.
There are many potential examples of employer negligence that could lead to an amputation accident:
- Overworking employees
- Failing to educate workers on safety regulations
- Failing to add guards/barriers to dangerous machinery and work zones
- Failing to provide proper safety equipment
- Failing to enforce safety regulations
- Failing to provide safety instructions for dangerous machinery or equipment
Arizona employers must follow safety regulations set by Arizona’s Division of Occupational Safety and Health and federal regulations set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Our attorneys are prepared to review these regulations to find out if any were violated before your accident.
What is the Value of My Case?
The value of your case depends on many factors like the severity of your injury and if you are expected to fully recover; sometimes an amputated limb can be reattached, and the victim may regain some function.
When you speak to an experienced Lake Havasu City workplace amputation attorney from our firm, we can review these factors and help determine the potential value of your claim.
If you have a valid case, we are prepared to help pursue physical, financial, and emotional damages, which may include:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Cost of surgery
- Rehabilitation costs
- Prosthetic or medical assistive equipment
- Prescription medications
- Lost wages from the inability to work
- Loss of earning capacity
- Renovations to your home to accommodate disability
We understand the physical and mental anguish a victim may experience from an accident that causes an amputation. Some of these damages may be available in an injury claim, including:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Pain and suffering
If you or a loved one experienced a workplace amputation accident in the Lake Havasu City, Kingman, or the surrounding area, learn about your potential legal options by speaking with an experienced attorney from our firm.
How Much Time is There to Take Legal Action with a Workplace Amputation Attorney?
You generally have just two years from the date of the accident to file a claim for compensation. This is stated in Arizona’s personal injury statute of limitations. If you miss the deadline, you may lose the right to pursue compensation through the legal system.
There may be exceptions for your claim that extend the deadline. However, there are other exceptions that may shorten the deadline. It is important to discuss your situation with an experienced legal representative as soon as possible to help avoid missing the deadline.
Common Causes of Workplace Amputation Accidents
An amputation is defined as the full or partial loss of a limb or other body part (arm, leg, finger, or toe). The limb either gets amputated in the accident itself, or the accident is so severe the limb needs to be amputated later to help avoid further injury or even death.
There are many industries that require employees to work with machines that could cause amputation accidents. Some of these dangerous machines may include:
- Milling machines
- Trash compactors
- Mechanical power presses
- Printing presses
- Food slicers
- Meat grinders
- Powered conveyors
- Portable saws
- Drill presses
- Band saws
- Roll-forming machines
If you suffered an amputation while on the job, it is important that you reach out to a Lake Havasu City workplace amputation attorney to discuss your potential legal options.
How Can a Workplace Amputation Attorney from Phillips Law Group Help?
If you have a valid case, our lawyers are prepared to support you throughout the legal process. This may include handling the following:
Gathering Supportive Evidence
Your case is only as strong as the evidence presented. Our team is prepared to investigate the accident and collect pictures, video footage, and medical documentation, among other types of evidence to help support your claim.
Witness testimonies can be vital in accident claims. Our attorneys are prepared to contact witnesses to find out what they saw and what they know about how the accident happened. We may also ask them about safety violations prior to the accident.
Communicating with Involved Parties
You should be focused on your recovery. Our attorneys can handle communication with insurance companies and other involved parties. We know how to protect your claim from other parties looking to deny or devalue it.
Negotiating a Settlement
Our attorneys are also skilled negotiators. We are prepared to aggressively pursue maximum compensation for your damages.
If we are unable to reach a fair settlement, we are prepared to go to court to obtain the full value of your claim.
Reach out to a Lake Havasu City attorney from our firm today for a free consultation. You can fill out the form on this page and a representative from our firm will reach out to you shortly.
You can also call 1-800-706-3000 .
Steps to Take After an Amputation Accident
After experiencing an amputation accident, there are certain steps you can take that may help protect your health and your potential claim:
- Seeking medical attention — It is important to seek treatment right away to determine the severity of your injury. It may be possible to reattach the amputated limb. The documentation your doctor provides also helps in supporting your claim and connecting the injury to the accident.
- Notify your employer — It is important that you let your employer know about the accident as soon as possible. Your employer is responsible for filing a workers’ compensation claim.
- Follow doctor’s instructions — If you fail to follow the doctor’s orders or miss appointments, the insurance company may claim that your injuries are not as serious as you allege and try to devalue your claim.
- Keep an injury journal — An injury journal allows you to document your pain and suffering, keep track of appointments, and may even detail the activities you can no longer participate in because of the injury.
Contact a Lake Havasu City Workplace Amputation Attorney for a Free Consultation Today
Amputation accidents are often life-altering events that cause extensive damage. At Phillips Law Group, we are prepared to help you pursue the financial compensation to help you obtain the medical treatment and other support services you need to begin to move forward.
If you have a valid case and hire a lawyer from our firm, we can manage the legal process on contingency, which means no upfront fees. We do not charge for our services unless we help you obtain favorable compensation.
Our founding partner Jeffrey Phillips has served as lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials and obtained verdicts in several Arizona counties.
Call today to schedule your risk-free consultation. 1-800-706-3000
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️