Phoenix Burn Injury Lawyers
Helping Clients Nationwide
Over $1 Billion Won for Our Clients
Decades of Experience Winning
Phoenix Burn Injury Lawyers | Phillips Law Group
Every year, more than 2.5 million burn injuries are reported nationwide. About 4,500 of these burns end in death, according to the American Burn Association. Burn injuries are a close second in the leading causes of accidental deaths in the nation, following auto accidents. Burn injuries can require extensive treatment and can leave victims and their families financially unstable if they don’t pursue the assistance of a burn injury lawyer.
If you or a loved one has suffered burn injuries caused by the negligence or recklessness of another person or entity, it is important to contact an experienced Phoenix burn injury lawyer as you may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses. The burn injury lawyers of Phillips Law Group have the experience and expertise needed to secure Arizona burn victims the compensation they may deserve for their losses.
Burn injuries can result in victims ending up in major financial trouble and can leave them with severe mental and emotional effects. They could be saddled with the cost of extensive medical treatments, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages related to their accident. Plus, the families and dependents of burn victims who died in an accident involving burns may be eligible for legal recourse to pursue wrongful death damages.
To learn more about your legal options, call the burn injury lawyers at Phillips Law Group and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our attorneys. You can also choose to complete the free case evaluation form on this page to get in touch with our team.
Causes of Accidental Fires and Explosions
The most common forms of accidental fires, burns, and explosions include house fires, industrial accidents, automobile fires, contact with hazardous chemicals, and electrocution.
Even if you were injured in a house fire, a third party may still be liable for your injuries. It is important to have a knowledgeable burn injury attorney help you pinpoint who or what is to blame for the fire or explosion in order to determine who should be held accountable for your injuries.
Common Burn Injuries
Burn injuries range in severity; from mild to severe to sometimes fatal. Common Phoenix burn injuries include chemical burns, thermal burns, electrical burns, radiation burns, and inhalation injuries.
- Chemical Burns: These injuries are a result of contact with hazardous or caustic chemicals.
- Thermal Burns: These types of injuries occur when the body is exposed to extreme heat, including fire, boiling water, steam, and hot metal.
- Electrical Burns: Common on construction sites, these types of injuries happen when high voltage passes through the body and suddenly exits, leaving a severe exit wound.
- Radiation Burns: These injuries are caused by exposure to ultraviolet light, like from a tanning bed, or by exposure to nuclear radiation, such as the radiation emitted during an x-ray.
- Inhalation Injuries: Sometimes, this type of injury can cause more damage than a physical burn. These types of injuries are caused by breathing in toxic fumes in a poorly ventilated area and severe cases usually require hospitalization.
We’re Here to Listen
Fill out the form and we’ll contact you to go over what happened and evaluate your case for free.
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
They knew exactly how to explain the case to me in a way that I would understand it. They gave me hope that my life wasn’t over.
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.
No Fee Until We Win For You
We get to work,
you get updates
More Information on Burn Injury Lawyers
Types of Burns
Burn injuries can be classified as a first, second, third, or fourth-degree burn, with first-degree burns being the least severe and fourth-degree burns being very severe and debilitating.
- First Degree: Characterized by red skin that is sensitive to the touch and slight tissue damage that fails to penetrate the surface of the skin. Sunburn is an example of a first-degree burn.
- Second Degree: Characterized by red skin, pain, swelling, and blisters. In addition to irritated skin, hair follicles and sweat glands are usually affected. If not treated correctly, a second-degree burn can progress to a third-degree burn.
- Third Degree: Characterized by charred or translucent skin. Areas of the body inflicted with third-degree burns are usually numb, but there may be pain associated with second-degree burns present in the same area. Third-degree burns generally take longer to heal as tissue is destroyed. These types of burns usually cause significant scarring.
- Fourth Degree: Characterized by an intensive burn injury that affects muscles, tendons, ligaments, and sometimes bone. These types of burns are usually life-threatening and often lead to amputation.
Have a question about a potential case?
Phoenix Burn Injury Lawsuits
The Phoenix burn injury lawyers of Phillips Law Group have the experience and resources necessary to ensure that Arizona burn victims receive the compensation they may deserve for their losses.
Burn injuries can leave victims in a financial crisis, with the cost of extensive medical treatments, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages related to the accident. Families and dependents of burn victims who passed away in an accident may be eligible for legal recourse to pursue wrongful death damages.
For more information on Phoenix burn injury lawsuits or to schedule a no-obligation consultation with one of our burn injury attorneys, please complete the free case evaluation form on this page.
Have a question about a potential case?