Peoria Product Liability Attorney | Phillips Law Group
If you suffered an injury after using a product as it was intended to be used, you may have the right to pursue financial compensation for physical, financial and emotional damages. Manufacturers have a legal duty to produce and distribute safe products and warn consumers about defects or other dangers that could cause them harm.
Phillips Law Group has been assisting personal injury victims and their families for more than 27 years. We have recovered hundreds of millions in compensation for our clients, including a $23,000,000 settlement for victims who were injured using the drug Vioxx.
Call our firm today to schedule a free consultation with one of our trusted Peoria product liability attorneys to review your claim. There are no upfront fees associated with your free review and you will not be billed for any legal fees unless we are able to successfully recover compensation on your behalf. Our founding partner Jeffrey Phillips has secured compensation for clients in several Arizona counties and served as lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials.
Types of Product Defects
There are three different types of product defects that may give rise to a lawsuit if the defect causes an injury:
- Defective design ”“ The design of the product is inherently dangerous. That means there is an unreasonable risk of injury when the product is used as intended. In these types of claims, you generally need to prove it would have been cost-effective for the designer to use an alternative design that would have still allowed the product to be used as intended.
- Manufacturing defect ”“ There was some type of error during the manufacturing process that made the product unreasonably dangerous.
- Marketing defect ”“ If the product did not have proper warnings or instructions about how to use the product in a safe manner, victims may have grounds for a claim or lawsuit.
Manufacturers are not the only parties that may be held liable for a defective product injury. Retailers, distributors, wholesalers and others in the supply chain could also be held liable.
Have questions about your defective product injury? Contact one of our trusted Peoria product liability attorneys for a free consultation.
Legal Theories in Product Liability Cases
In a product liability case, your attorney is likely to apply one of three legal theories to hold another party liable, such as:
- Strict liability ”“ Most defective product cases are filed under the theory of strict liability. Victims generally need to prove the product was unreasonably dangerous for its intended use and it caused the injury.
- Negligence ”“ Your attorney must prove your injury resulted from the negligence of the at-fault party, unlike a strict liability claim where you do not need to prove negligence. There are four elements of negligence, each of which must be proven with evidence.
- Breach of warranty ”“ The manufacturer may have breached an implied or express warranty. An express warranty is stated in the instructions or other marketing or labeling for the product. For example, this may include instructions on how to use the product safely. An implied warranty applies to most products and is an unwritten understanding between the manufacturer and consumer that the product is safe for its intended use.
Our Peoria product liability lawyers are prepared to review your situation and determine the legal theory that may apply to your claim.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover?
The amount of compensation you may be eligible to receive depends on the details of your case. For example, if your injury caused permanent damage, you may be eligible to receive compensation for future medical expenses and loss of earning capacity if you cannot return to work or must work in a different field.
There are generally three types of compensation you may be eligible to recover in a product liability case:
- Economic damages ”“ These are the out-of-pocket expenses caused by your injury or illness such as medical bills, lost income from missing work, property damage and loss of earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages ”“ These are the physical and emotional damages that result from an injury, such as pain and suffering and other types of emotional trauma. Other examples include loss of companionship and lost enjoyment of life. Our experienced attorneys have many years of experience calculating the value of these damages, which do not have a defined value.
- Punitive damages ”“ If the at-fault party was found to have been egregiously negligent or acted with malice, punitive damages may be available. These damages are used to penalize at-fault parties and prevent others from engaging in the same activity. The media often reports on massive punitive damage awards in cases involving prescription drugs or medical devices.
Phillips Law Firm is ready to take your call anytime 24/7. Call us at 1-800-706-3000 today.
Is There a Time Limit to File my Claim?
Most product liability claims must be filed within two years of the injury. However, there are some exceptions to this general rule. For example, if you were injured as a minor, you have up to two years after your 18th birthday to file your claim.
If you are unsure about the deadline for your claim, contact one of our Peoria product liability attorneys as soon as possible. If you fail to file your claim before the deadline passes, you may lose the right to recover compensation.
What Can an Experienced Lawyer Do for Me?
Many injury victims who decide to hire an attorney end up recovering more compensation than those who do not.
Our product liability lawyers have extensive knowledge of the laws and legal theories that apply to these cases and how to prove fault for a defective product injury. If you have a case and hire our firm, we are prepared to conduct a detailed investigation, handle all communication with insurance companies and attorneys and negotiate for a fair settlement. We are also prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
We understand this might be a difficult time for you and your family as you try to recover from your injuries or illness. If we find you have a viable case, we are prepared to handle the complexities of the legal process on your behalf.
Have questions? Call today to discuss what happened. 1-800-706-3000
Defective Products That Often Cause Injuries
The Peoria product liability lawyers at Phillips Law Group are prepared to handle many different types of product liability cases, including those involving the following types of defective products:
- Medical equipment ”“ This could include things like joint replacements, blood clot filters, surgery blankets, hernia mesh and intrauterine devices.
- Motor vehicle parts ”“ Common examples include faulty air bags, brakes or seat belt.
- Power tools ”“ Although these products are known to be dangerous, if they are defective there can be a higher risk of injury. These tools are often used in construction or in factories, and severe or life-threatening injuries can result if they are defective.
- Home appliances ”“ Sometimes everyday appliances could malfunction and cause bodily harm, such as dishwashers, microwaves, water heaters or outdoor grills.
- Children’s products ”“ Defective car seats, strollers and beds have been known to cause harm along with toys with small parts that can be choking hazards.
Contact a Peoria Product Liability Attorney Today
If you or someone you love was injured or became ill because of a defective product, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering, among other damages. Our Peoria product liability attorneys at Phillips Law Group are prepared to answer any questions you may have and explain if you may have a valid case.
Our founder, Jeffrey Phillips, has been selected as a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association ”“ Top 100 every year since 2014.
Contact a Peoria product liability attorney by calling 1-800-706-3000 .
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️