Lake Havasu City Motorcycle Accident Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
- Home / Practice Areas | Phillips Law Group / Practice Areas | Lake Havasu City | Phillips Law Group /
- Lake Havasu City Motorcycle Accident Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
Motorcycle accidents can often lead to debilitating injuries that may leave victims in a difficult financial situation. Catching up on medical bills and keeping up with other bills, after missing time from work, can build up to a stressful situation for you and your family.
If you have a valid case, the Lake Havasu City motorcycle accident attorneys at Phillips Law Group are prepared to help you get the compensation you may be eligible for, so you can be relieved of the financial stress caused by the negligence of others.
Phillips Law Group has been recovering compensation awards for motorcycle accident injury victims for over 27 years. Our firms have recovered over $1 billion for personal injury clients in several Arizona counties including Mohave, Maricopa, Pinal, Pima, Gila, Yavapai and Navajo. For example, we were able to recover a $7.6 million compensation award for a traumatic brain injury victim who was injured while riding his motorcycle.
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident, give us a call today to schedule your no cost case review. If we determine you have a valid case and you decide to let us represent you, we will not charge any fees unless we win fair compensation for your claim.
Does My Case Qualify?
Determining whether your case qualifies for compensation will be difficult without the help of an experienced attorney. To qualify for a motorcycle accident damages claim, you must be able to prove the four elements of negligence were present at the time of the accident. These are:
Duty of Care
You must be able to prove there was a legal obligation that should have been upheld by the at-fault party. For example, all drivers have a legal duty to drive safely, obey traffic laws and avoid doing harm to themselves and others.
Breached Duty of Care
This is where you must prove that the defendant did not uphold their legal duty. This could happen in several different ways including: disobeying traffic laws, taking part in reckless behavior or by not trying to avoid harm to themselves and others, as any other reasonable person would have, given a similar situation.
There must be a link between your damages and the actions or inactions of the at-fault party. You must be able to prove that your injuries or property damage would not have occurred if the at-fault party did not breach his or her duty of care.
As the victim, you must show proof that the result of the accident created damages such as medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering or property damage.
If you are unsure about your case, feel free to contact one of our trusted Lake Havasu motorcycle accident lawyers for a free consultation. Our goal is to protect your rights as an injury victim and recover the compensation you may be eligible for. We charge no upfront fees and we only get paid if we recover fair compensation on your behalf.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
Since no two motorcycle accidents are the same, it may be difficult to determine how much compensation you may deserve. If you have a valid case, our lawyers will need to review your medical documents to help determine how much financial assistance you will need now, and for future medical expenses, if necessary.
Some of the damages you may be compensated for include:
- Medical bills ”“ Because motorcycle accidents can cause such severe injuries, medical costs can accumulate and seem insurmountable. You may be able to recover funds for most medical related expenses including doctor visits, hospital stays, any special tests (i.e. X-rays, MRI’s, etc.), surgery costs, assistive medical devices, medications, physical therapy and any travel costs accumulated getting to and from medical appointments.
- Lost Income ”“ Since most motorcycle accidents can cause such devastating injuries, victims often cannot return to work immediately. You may be able to be compensated for any days you may have missed work and could not earn wages due to your injuries.
- Lost capacity to earn wages ”“ Sometimes motorcycle accident victims are so injured, they may never be able return to work, or perform the same job duties they were responsible for, before the accident. If you are in a similar situation, you may be able to be compensated for lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering ”“ You may be able to receive compensation based on the physical pain and suffering you endured because of the injuries you sustained in the motorcycle accident. Mental anguish and emotional trauma are also considered part of this category, in which you may be compensated for as well.
- Punitive damages ”“ If it is determined that the actions of the at-fault party were malicious and intentional, you may receive these damages in addition to the above-mentioned categories. These damages are meant to punish the at-fault party and teach a valuable lesson to others ”“ to not repeat the malicious activity.
Our Lake Havasu City motorcycle accident attorneys understand how families may be negatively affected when a loved one is seriously injured in a motorcycle accident. We can evaluate the details of your case in a no cost consultation and if we determine you have a valid case, we may be able to provide an estimate for the value of your claim.
Phillips Law Group is prepared to help. Call 1-800-706-3000 today.
Insurance Coverage Availability
Since Arizona has a fault-based insurance system, the party who is found liable for causing the accident must pay for the damages suffered by the other party.
Every driver in the state must carry a minimum amount of liability insurance, which can be used to cover the costs associated with the other driver’s damages.
These amounts are:
- $30,000 for bodily injury coverage per accident
- $15,000 for bodily injury coverage per person
- $10,000 for property damage coverage
If the at-fault party’s insurance coverage is not enough to cover the cost of your damages, you may be able to pursue additional coverage from your own insurance policy if you have:
- Medical payments coverage ”“ This is designed to pay for medical costs no matter who caused the accident.
- Collision coverage ”“ This may be used for damages to your motorcycle that you may have caused.
Insurance policies can be complex and may vary, depending on the situation and the insurance company. Our Lake Havasu motorcycle lawyers have experience dealing with insurance companies and the different options that may be available to you. Our goal is to seek the maximum compensation available to help you have a healthy recovery and pursue some financial stability.
Is There a Time Limit to File a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
According to Arizona law, most personal injury claims must be filed within two years. However, there are some exceptions that may apply, depending on the details of your case.
If your claim is against a government entity, your deadline is only 180 days after the motorcycle accident. If you or a loved one was under the age of 18 at the time of your motorcycle accident, you may be able to submit your claim up to two years after your 18th birthday.
If you do not submit your claim before the appropriate deadline, your case might be barred from the court. If you have a legitimate case, our team of legal professionals can help determine how much time you have for filing your claim.
Contact a Lake Havasu motorcycle accident lawyer at Phillips Law Group before it’s too late.
Schedule a free case review today by calling Phillips Law Group at 1-800-706-3000 .
How Does Not Wearing a Helmet Affect My Case?
Most motorcycle injury victims might assume that they may be disqualified from obtaining compensation because they were not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident. However, you may still be able to pursue compensation if your accident occurred in Arizona, since the law does not require motorcycle drivers to wear a helmet if they are over the age of 18.
Speak to one of our knowledgeable Lake Havasu motorcycle attorneys to learn more about your rights as an accident victim.
Common Causes for Motorcycle Accidents
There are countless numbers of reasons why motorcycles get into accidents. Most of the reasons are commonly due to the negligence of other drivers.
Some of these reasons are due to:
- Failure to check blind spots
- Distracted driving (texting, eating, or using GPS)
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Neglecting stop signs and traffic lights
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Contact a Lake Havasu City Motorcycle Lawyer Today
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident which was caused by the negligence of others, you may be able to recover compensation for your losses. If you have a viable case, the Lake Havasu City motorcycle accident lawyers at Phillips Law Group are prepared to help you seek the benefits you may deserve.
Our firm has helped defend the rights of over 155,000 consumer clients throughout Arizona for almost three decades. Our founding partner, Jeffrey Phillips, has been recognized as a Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association ”“ Top 25 member. For the past six years he has also been included as a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association ”“ Top 100.
Contact us today about your motorcycle accident and let us handle the legal process on your behalf so you can rest and recover from your injuries.
Call Phillips Law Group today: 1-800-706-3000
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️