Car vs. Pedestrian Injury Lawsuits in Arizona
- Home /
- Car vs. Pedestrian Injury Lawsuits in Arizona
When a vehicle hits a pedestrian, the combination can be fatal. At the very least, a car vs. pedestrian accident often results in serious and debilitating injuries on the part of the person who was struck by a car.
Nationwide, approximately 5,000 pedestrians are killed each year with another 64,000 suffering injuries after being involved in some type of motor vehicle collision.
If you or a loved one has been hit by a car as a pedestrian, complete the Free Case Review form to the right to begin exploring your legal options.
Car vs. Pedestrian Accident Statistics
The following statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety are quite alarming:
- Pedestrian fatalities account for about 11 percent of all traffic fatalities each year.
- Between the years 1975 and 2005, over 180,000 pedestrians were killed in a motor vehicle accident.
- Every eight minutes, on average, a pedestrian is injured in an auto accident. Every two hours, a pedestrian is killed.
- Pedestrian fatalities typically occur at higher rates in urban areas due to the increased pedestrian activity and traffic volumes experienced when compared to rural areas.
- Even though pedestrian accidents can occur at intersections, the majority of car vs. pedestrian accidents happen at locations other than intersections, due to higher speeds and the fact that drivers are not expecting to see a pedestrian in the middle of the road.
- Young children and the elderly are the most likely to suffer a pedestrian accident-related injury, with children under the age of 17 the most likely to be struck by a car.
- Elderly pedestrians are more likely to die after being hit by a car, making up about 16 percent of all pedestrian fatalities and 6 percent of all pedestrian accident injuries.
Speeding is a major contributing factor to most auto accidents of any type. When pedestrians are involved, motorists driving at high speeds are less likely to be able to stop in time to avoid hitting a pedestrian. Not to mention, the outcome of hitting a pedestrian at high speeds is often dire.
When a pedestrian is struck by a car, it is highly likely that they will experience a serious injury. Some of the more common injuries experienced by pedestrians include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Paralysis, paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Spinal cord injury
- Fractured or broken bones
- Wrongful death
Injuries are not always caused by colliding with a vehicle, however. The NHTSA conducted a pedestrian accident study and found that about only 40 percent of pedestrian injuries was a result from direct contact with a vehicle. Thirty-two percent of injuries were caused from contact with the ground and 26 percent of injuries were caused by contact with unknown objects.
Contact an Experienced Pedestrian Injury Attorney
Car vs. pedestrian injuries are often devastating for all parties involved. At Phillips Law Group, our attorneys are dedicated to helping those who have been injured by the actions or negligence of another fight for their rights.
Our team of lawyers has the knowledge and the resources necessary to successfully litigate a pedestrian injury claim.
Additionally, if you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, you may be able to pursue wrongful death damages in order to keep you and your family financially stable during this tragic time.
For more information on the legal rights which may be available to pedestrian accident injury victims and their families, complete the Free Case Review form on this page to schedule a confidential, no-obligation consultation with one of our attorneys.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️