How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Contingency fee arrangements are the standard payment arrangement between car accident attorneys and their clients. With such an arrangement, you do not have to pay any upfront costs or fees to hire a personal injury lawyer to represent you. Your lawyer is only paid if your case is successful and when you receive compensation.
If you or someone you love has been harmed in a motor vehicle accident, it is recommended to consult a personal injury lawyer before accepting a settlement from the insurance company. First of all, you want to make sure the amount you get is fair. And a car accident attorney can improve your odds of recovering the maximum for all harm and property damage resulting from the collision.
At Phillips Law Group, we take car accident cases on contingency. Contact our law firm today to schedule a free case consultation. During your session with us, you can learn more about how a car accident lawyer can help you and about the fees you can expect to pay if your case is won.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Actually Save You Money
Every crash makes its economic impact. According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, motor vehicle accidents in 2021 cost over $20 billion statewide.
If you have suffered serious injuries in an auto accident, you may be facing various financial challenges yourself, such as medical bills and lost wages. When you team up with an experienced personal injury lawyer, he can help you recover compensation for those losses.
You may be entitled to damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Your car accident lawyer will handle all negotiations with the insurance company. Dealing with the negligent driver’s insurer can be stressful. The insurance company may try to deny your claim or use bad faith practices in an attempt to derail your claim. Your attorney, though, will know how to counteract these unscrupulous tactics.
In some situations, the insurance company may not deny your claim but the adjuster will try to pressure you into accepting a low settlement offer. Keep in mind that once you officially accept an offer from the insurer, you forfeit your right to pursue additional compensation later on.
It is seldom recommended to accept the first settlement offer you receive from the insurance company, especially if you do not yet know the full extent of your injuries. An experienced personal injury lawyer, though, has the know-how you need. He or she can make sure the settlement you receive covers not only current medical bills but also any future medical treatments you may require.
Why You Should Hire a Lawyer After an Arizona Car Accident
The days and weeks following a serious motor vehicle accident can be overwhelming and stressful. At this time, you need all the support you can get.
Consider just some of the many reasons why hiring a car accident lawyer is in your best interests:
- Maximize your payout: Your lawyer will fight to recover maximum compensation for your medical expenses and other losses
- Build your legal case: Your lawyer will investigate the facts and circumstances of your accident and establish liability
- Manage your claim: While you are recovering from your injuries, your lawyer will communicate with the other party, vendors, the insurance company, and all law firms involved
- Meet all deadlines: An attorney can ensure that you meet all filing deadlines and do not miss out on your right to compensation because the statute of limitations on your case has run out
- Protect your rights: Your car accident lawyer will make sure that you are not taken advantage of by the greedy insurance company and that you get the full amount of damages that you are entitled to receive
The Cost of Hiring a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Most car accident lawyers in Arizona use one of three major types of fee structures. The fee structure used by your attorney will determine how much legal representation is going to cost you.
The following is a brief explanation of each fee structure:
- Contingency fees: The majority of law firms take car accident cases on a contingency fee arrangement. Basically, you will pay your lawyer a percentage of your settlement or jury verdict once your claim is successfully resolved. Contingency fees in Arizona typically range from 30 to 40 percent.
- Hourly fees: Some lawyers will charge you a predetermined rate for every hour that they work on your claim. Unlike a contingency fee, you will have to pay the hourly rate whether or not your case is successful.
- Flat rate: There are also lawyers who charge a flat fee for services provided in car accident cases. Generally, flat fees are only charged in easy cases that will not need to be taken to court.
Our Law Firm Takes Car Accident Cases On Contingency
The personal injury lawyers at Phillips Law Group take all car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. In other words, the service fees are only owed if you win your case and you get paid. This takes all risk away from hiring a car accident lawyer since you will not have to pay if your case is unsuccessful.
Another bonus is that our law firm values open and honest communication with our clients. When you work with us, our attorneys will make sure that all expenses and charges that may arise from the case are explained to you at the start. We will not proceed on your behalf until you clearly understand and agree to the fee arrangement and all involved costs.
Before you agree to hire our law firm and we begin working on your case, we will present you with a fee agreement. It will outline how much you will owe your car accident attorney if you win and explain:
- The percentage of a verdict or settlement your lawyer will take for his services
- Any additional fees you will be required to pay out of the settlement amount, including but not limited to:
- Filing fees
- Fees for obtaining copies of medical records
- Expert witness fees.
The Benefits of a Contingency Fee Arrangement
A contingency fee arrangement is beneficial to car accident victims in various ways:
- It motivates your lawyer: Since the attorney’s fee is directly related to how successful the case is, attorneys working on contingency fees are highly motivated to receive maximum compensation for their clients
- It removes the risk to you: Since you do not pay unless you win, you can hire a lawyer risk-free
- It gives you access to legal counsel: Since the client does not have to pay any upfront fees, all accident victims are eligible to receive knowledgeable and experienced legal representation regardless of their financial situation
Discuss Your Case With an Arizona Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a family member has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you should not have to pay the price for someone else’s negligence. The personal injury lawyers at Phillips Law Group are here to help. There is no cost to you to discuss your case with us.
Our law firm has been handling car accidents and other personal injury cases in Arizona for almost 30 years. We have recovered over $1 billion in compensation on behalf of our clients over the decades, and each case started with a free initial consultation.
You too can obtain legal advice and an honest case assessment, without any cost or obligation, from an experienced and dedicated member of our legal team. Call us now at 1-800-706-3000 or fill out our free case evaluation form.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️