Sideswipe Collision Information
February 16, 2018
A sideswipe collision, or T-Bone accident, occurs when one vehicle collides with the side of another vehicle. In 2015, there were approximately 670,000 sideswipe accidents that resulted in an estimated 104,000 injuries and 824 fatalities, according to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a sideswipe auto accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation with the Phillips Law Group’s auto accident attorneys in Phoenix to find out if you have a case against the at-fault party.
Our Phoenix personal injury lawyers have strong record of helping victims who have been injured in a variety of auto accidents and will investigate your claim to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Causes of Sideswipe Collisions
Sideswipe collisions are often caused by driver negligence, such as when one driver is not paying attention and veers into a lane that is occupied by another vehicle. Other common causes of sideswipe collisions include:
- Distracted driving ”“ Sideswipe collisions often occur when one motorist is not paying attention to the road because he or she is engaged in distractions like texting while driving, talking on a cell phone, talking with a passenger, using electronic devices or fiddling with the radio.
- Speeding ”“ Driving above the speed limit can increase a motorist’s risk of losing control of his or her vehicle and sideswiping another motorist in the next lane.
- Failing to yield ”“ If a driver attempts to make a turn into another lane and fails to yield to oncoming traffic, he or she is at risk of causing a sideswipe accident.
- Fatigued driving ”“ Drivers may get drowsy behind the wheel and drift into another lane or make other dangerous decisions if their judgment is affected by fatigue.
- Driving under the influence ”“ Drugs or alcohol can significantly impair a motorist’s ability to operate a vehicle and places him or her at risk of causing a sideswipe or T-bone accident.
- Reckless driving ”“ Drivers who are frequently changing lanes, being overly aggressive or driving in a reckless manner may cause sideswipe collisions.
Sideswipe Accident Injuries
The severity of victims’ injuries from a sideswipe collision may depend on several factors, including the size of the vehicles involved in the crash and the speed they were traveling.
Sideswipe injuries can range from minor scrapes and bruises to serious injuries and death. However, even if a sideswipe auto accident seems minor, it can still cause serious injuries, including:
- Brain injuries
- Damage to internal organs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Hip damage
- Knee injuries
- Cuts and bruises
Contact Us for Experienced Legal Representation
Although sideswipe accidents may seem simple and straightforward, it can be difficult to establish fault in these types of collisions.
For this reason, having an experienced personal injury lawyer from Phillips Law Group on your side may be to your benefit. Your attorney will investigate your accident and determine if the other motorist’s actions were responsible for the accident.
We will provide you with a free, no obligation consultation to help you determine if you are entitled to compensation from the at-fault party. If we find that you have a case, we will provide all of our services on a contingency fee basis. This means you only have to pay us if we recover compensation for your claim.
Complete aFree Case Evaluation form to get started.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️