Peoria Burn Injury Lawsuits | Phillips Law Group
Victims of severe burn injuries often face a long recovery, emotional and physical trauma, and may be permanently disfigured. If the burns you suffered were caused by another’s negligence, you may be able to recover compensation to help cover the costs of medical bills and other damages.
At Phillips Law Group, our team of experienced lawyers have recovered hundreds of millions in compensation for the injured victims we have represented. This includes a $325,000 settlement for a burn victim who sustained both second and third-degree burns in a premises liability incident. Our firm’s founder, Jeffrey Phillips, has obtained verdicts throughout Arizona, including Yavapai and Maricopa counties. Since 2013, he has been a member of the American Association for Justice Leaders Forum.
You can find out more about the merits of your claim by contacting our law offices to schedule a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable Peoria burn injury lawyers. During this meeting we can determine whether you may have legal grounds to pursue a burn injury lawsuit. We do not collect any upfront fees to represent you. Our firm only collects money for services if we recover compensation for you.
Learn more by calling us today at: 1-800-706-3000
Do I Have a Valid Case?
If your burn injuries were caused by the negligence of someone who owed you a duty of care, then you may be eligible to pursue a personal injury claim against that party. However, each burn injury case is different, so we need to fully understand the details of how your injuries occurred before we can tell you whether you may be able to pursue compensation for your damages.
To prove there was negligence, your attorney will need to establish four important elements:
- The defendant had a duty to act reasonably to protect you and others from harm ”“ a legal duty of care
- The at-fault party was negligent in upholding that legal duty to you
- Because the defendant violated his or her duty, you (the victim) suffered harm. In other words, if the person who caused your accident had not neglected his legal duty, you would not have been injured
- As a direct result of this injury, you sustained various damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering.
If you believe your injuries may have been the result of someone else’s negligence, we invite you to contact one of our Peoria burn injury lawyers to schedule your free consultation today. This free claim review also provides an excellent opportunity for you to ask questions about what to expect during a burn injury case.
Call Phillips Law Group today. FREE Consultation: 1-800-706-3000
What Is The Value of My Case?
Burn injury cases are complex, so without having more information about your accident, including an understanding about the extent of your injuries, there is no way to calculate an accurate value. However, if we are able to establish that there was negligence, you may be eligible to recover compensation for the damages you suffered, including:
- Surgical interventions, such as skin grafting
- Prescriptions for pain medication
- Appointments with your physicians and for other medical treatments
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of future earnings if you are unable to return to your previous job
- Emotional suffering (these damages include anxiety, depression, PTSD)
- Physical pain caused by your injuries
At Phillips Law Group, we recognize that you may be facing difficult and expensive medical treatments for many years into the future. These type of life-changing injuries are often accompanied by other psychological and emotional challenges for you and your family.
These are all reasons why we encourage you to contact one of our Arizona lawyers today. We have extensive knowledge about burn injury claims and how to examine every factor that may have contributed to your accident.
Complete our confidential case review form online today to get started.
Is There A Filing Deadline in Arizona?
There is a strict filing deadline in Arizona, so if you believe your burns may have been caused by someone else’s negligence, it is important that you do not delay seeking legal advice. Waiting too long may cause you to miss the deadline for filing a lawsuit and you may have no chance of recovering compensation for your damages.
The state-mandated deadline is just two years from the date of your injury. In some cases, there may be exceptions that either move your deadline up or give more time. To learn what statute of limitations applies in your situation, we recommend you contact one of our attorneys at Phillips Law today.
Speak with a Peoria burn injury attorney today: 1-800-706-3000
How a Lawyer Can Help
At Phillips Law Group, we are here to help guide you through every step of a burn injury lawsuit, if you have a case. If you have suffered first, second or third-degree burns, and proceed with hiring an attorney to represent your potential claim, these are some of the benefits:
- Hiring an experienced attorney often enables claimants to recover more compensation than if they attempted to pursue a burn injury claim alone.
- At Phillips Law Group, we communicate with our clients throughout the legal process, keeping you fully informed and up-to-date about what is happening.
- Our attorneys have the resources to fully investigate your burn injury, along with gathering supportive documentation and other evidence to help strengthen your claim.
- If we represent you, we can also manage all third-party conversations, including conversations with insurance companies, on your behalf.
Having an attorney on your side to protect your rights while also considering your best interests can allow you to focus your energy on your health and recovery.
Common Accidents Resulting in Burn Injuries
There are multiple ways that burn injuries occur. Some of the most common include:
- Hazardous residential conditions ”“ Fires can happen in both privately-owned or rental properties and may be caused by a variety of things, such as space heaters, faulty electrical wiring, smoking a cigarette in bed or leaving lit candles unattended.
- Car crashes ”“ Impaired or distracted drivers can cause motor vehicle, motorcycle or commercial vehicle accidents. When these collisions cause vehicles to explode or catch on fire, serious burn injuries can occur.
- Defective products ”“ Products that do not function as intended or have defective cords or wires can cause electrical burns, steam burns or thermal burns.
- Work-related burn accidents ”“ Employees can sustain burns from working in restaurants by hot flames, oil, steam or other liquids. Electricians handling electrical outlets also face risk of burns from sparks or faulty wiring.
- Construction zone accidents ”“ These workers are at a higher risk for burn injuries from multiple causes, including exposure to chemicals, electric wiring and work site fires.
What Types Of Burns Are There?
Burns are categorized by type, which may include:
- Electrical burns ”“ These types of burns can happen almost anywhere and are typically caused by a defective or malfunctioning appliance or faulty wiring,
- Thermal burns ”“ Steam or hot liquids are a leading cause of thermal burns.
- Friction burns – This type of burn happens when you come into contact with something that rubs some of your skin off, such as from a carpet burn or road rash from a motorcycle or bicycle accident.
- Chemical burns ”“ Some chemicals, such as acids or other solvents, can cause serious burns if they come into contact with your skin.
- Radiation burns ”“ Serious sunburns and X-ray or radiation therapy for cancer are common causes of radiation burns.
Burns are also classified by the severity of the injury:
- First-degree ”“ These are the least serious type of burn and often heal without treatment
- Second–degree ”“ These burns take longer to heal, because they penetrate below the top layer of skin. Some injured persons may develop blisters during the healing process
- Third–degree ”“ These burns are the most serious, because they penetrate the outer skin layer, as well as the inner skin layer, soft tissue, surrounding muscle and bone. Not only do these often cause extensive scarring, these types of burn injuries take months to heal and may require multiple surgeries to help victims recover.
Depending on the severity of a burn, victims can suffer life-altering disfigurement and ongoing pain.
Call a Peoria Burn Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At Phillips Law Group, we have represented injured victims in Arizona for nearly 30 years, including burn victims. We have a proven history in which we have recovered more than $1 billion in compensation for more than 155,000 clients.
We offer you a free initial consultation with one of our Peoria burn injury lawyers. There is no financial risk or obligation whatsoever. We welcome the opportunity to review the specifics of your potential burn injury lawsuit. Since we operate on contingency, we do not collect any money for our services unless we are successful in recovering compensation for your injuries.
Call Phillips Law Group Today. Free consultation. No upfront fees.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️