Flagstaff Truck Accident Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
Collisions with commercial trucks often result in life-altering injuries and fatalities. Many of these accidents are completely avoidable, but trucking companies often prioritize profits over safety. They may push drivers to drive longer while they are fatigued or to speed to reach their destination faster.
For more than two decades, Phillips Law Group has helped to protect the rights of injury victims, resulting in more than $1 billion in compensation to more than 155,000 clients. Our founder Jeffrey Phillips is a member of the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys and a Top 10 member of the Trucking Trial Lawyers Association. He has served as lead counsel on more than 40 jury trials throughout Arizona.
We can review your situation and discuss the legal options available to you during a free consultation. There are no upfront fees for our services and we only get paid when we obtain recovery on your behalf.
Speak to a member of our legal team today at 1-800-706-3000 .
Who Could Be Responsible for My Injuries?
Truck accident cases are often complex because there are many parties that could be responsible. These parties may also try to shift the blame to another party, making recovery more difficult.
In the event of a collision, one or more of the following parties may be to blame for your injuries:
- The driver ”“ Drivers may be pressured by trucking companies to drive for long periods of time without taking a break in order to meet unrealistic deadlines or to take on more jobs. This is because drivers are often paid by the load, so the more deliveries they are able to make within a limited amount of time, the more money they make. However, these conditions may make a driver more fatigued and more likely to cause an accident. Additionally, impaired driving and distracted driving are major problems for commercial truck drivers.
- The trucking company ”“ Trucking companies are often held responsible for the actions of their employees. Additionally, they can be held responsible for accidents that are caused by negligent hiring or retention when they placed inexperienced drivers or drivers with bad records behind the wheel.
- The cargo loading company ”“ Third parties often load cargo onto commercial trucks. When this cargo is not properly loaded, such as when there is too much weight on the vehicle, the load is not properly secured or the cargo is allowed to shift while in transport, the truck could wind up tipping over or cargo can fall off of the truck. In these instances, the cargo loading company may be to blame for the accident.
- The truck or parts manufacturer ”“ When defective trucks are on the roadway and cause collisions or defective parts like tires blow up or malfunction, the manufacturers of these vehicles or the individual components may be responsible for the resulting injuries.
- The maintenance company ”“ Trucking companies often outsource maintenance to a third party that is responsible for checking the vehicles and ensuring that they are safe to operate. When the truck has a maintenance issue that contributes to the accident, the maintenance company may liable for damages.
Having represented more than 155,000 personal injury clients, the attorneys at Phillips Law Group understand how to build a robust argument to establish your claim.
How Much Is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
The potential value of your claim depends on many factors, including:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- The conduct of the at-fault party
- The damages you are able to prove
- Whether you contributed to your own injuries
Since the value of a claim is determined on a case-by-case basis, it is important that you reach out and speak to a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer who can give you an accurate estimate of the value of your claim.
You may be able to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Property damage
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Truck accident cases are often complicated and providing an exact amount can be difficult without knowing the specifics of your incident. Call us today to schedule a free consultation to get a clearer picture on the potential value of your claim.
Free Consultation. No Upfront Fees. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
What Should I Do After a Truck Accident?
The first thing to do is to check if you or any of your passengers are injured. If there are injuries, call immediately for an ambulance. Report the accident by calling 9-1-1. The truck driver may try to give you assurances that the trucking company will take care of everything, but it is important that you contact law enforcement to document the accident.
A local police officer will respond to the scene of the accident and complete a preliminary investigation. He or she may cite the truck driver if it is apparent he or she violated a traffic law. The officer may even conduct drug or alcohol testing. Ask for a copy of the police report since it will likely be an important piece of evidence for your claim.
If you are able, try to document the scene of the accident. The area may be quickly cleaned up, so you may only have a few minutes to take pictures of the following:
- The accident scene
- Any visible injuries
- Property damage to the vehicles
- Other property damage such as a light pole that was hit or debris in the roadway
- Signs of skid marks
It is important to seek medical care as soon as possible so a doctor can evaluate the extent of your injuries and provide you with a treatment plan. Your medical records could be invaluable to your claim, linking your injuries to the accident.
Then, we recommend contacting an experienced Flagstaff truck accident lawyer. He or she will want to take immediate steps to preserve vital evidence, such as electronic data from the commercial truck.
How Can A Lawyer Help Me?
A lawyer who is knowledgeable in personal injury law will know the legal elements that you must establish in order to substantiate your claim and have a more realistic idea about the potential value of your damages. Most cases are based on the legal theory of negligence, which requires you to prove that:
- The at-fault party had a legal duty to drive in a safe manner and follow applicable federal and state guidelines
- The at-fault party violated this duty
- The accident was the direct cause of your injuries
- As a result of the violation, you suffered damages
Truck accident victims often suffer severe, life-changing injuries. They may be physically unable to conduct an investigation on their own. Insurance companies may try to initially deny the claim by refuting liability or minimize the value of the claim, so it is important that you have a lawyer on your side who is advocating for your best interests.
How Long Do I Have to File a Truck Accident Case in Arizona?
The deadline to file most personal injury cases in Arizona is typically two years from the date of the accident. If this deadline passes and you do not file your lawsuit, you may lose the right to file a claim.
There are some exceptions to this general deadline. For example, if the accident victim was a minor, the two-year clock may not begin until the minor reaches the age of 18. However, there are also times when you may have less time to file a claim, so be sure you speak to a licensed Flagstaff truck accident lawyer at Phillips Law Group to learn about the time limit involved in your situation.
Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Contact A Flagstaff Truck Accident Attorney Today
For decades, Phillips Law Group has been protecting the rights of the injured. Our lawyers work tirelessly to secure maximum compensation for our clients, which has helped us establish a proven track record recovering over $1 billion in compensation for more than 155,000 clients across Cococino County.
For help with your claim, contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation. We do not charge any upfront fees for our services and only get paid if we successfully help you obtain compensation.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️