Unsecured Load Accident Lawyer
Phillips Law Accident Attorneys
Helping Clients Nationwide
Over $1 Billion Won for Our Clients
Decades of Experience Winning
Loading a truck is not as simple as piling objects on top of a truck bed or inside a trailer. Loading takes skill and patience. Property damage, injuries, and death can result from one reckless action or a hasty mistake, and an unsecured load accident can be devastating to the parties involved.
When unsecured loads cause preventable accidents, Phillips Law Group is ready to help. If you or your loved ones were injured in this type of accident, you need to know your legal options and it’s best to contact us to learn more.
Schedule your free consultation today without risk. Call 1-800-706-3000 or chat with us to learn how you might be able to recover financially from your tragic accident.
What Responsible Loaders Should Know:
Trucking companies realize that a lot can go wrong if a truck is not loaded in the right way. They have an obligation to minimize the likelihood of accidents by training loaders to follow specific guidelines.
For instance, employees might be trained to:
- Distribute weight evenly between the right and left sides of the trailer
- Position more than half of the weight toward the front end of the vehicle
- Stack the heaviest objects on the bottom
- Place fragile items on top
- Tie down or otherwise secure things that may shift, especially on open truck beds
- Use wheel chocks, chains, and heavy-duty ropes to secure vehicles
- Face vehicles forward and secure them near the front wall of the transporting truck
- Never overload a truck or try to tow more than the required amount for the chassis
- Follow local and national regulations for carrying hazardous materials when authorized to do so
These guidelines should give you an idea that there is a lot to consider when loading a truck. When confronted with tight time or budget constraints, companies might attempt to cut corners. Continue reading the sections below to learn why compromising on safety is a terrible idea that can easily lead to unsecured load accidents.
Why Dangerous Unsecured Load Accidents Occur
Over our many years working for the Phoenix community, our law professionals have seen a common theme in unsecured load accidents – negligence. Far too often, injuries result from someone failing his or her duty.
Our attorneys can help you pursue justice if your accident followed a loading error, such as:
- Premature departure: Trucks drive away before the loading or unloading process is complete
- Runaway truck: Trailers roll forward if the brakes are not fully engaged or there is movement from entering or exiting the vehicle
- Falling cargo: Plummeting items can become obstacles or obstruct the view of other motorists
- Leaks: Spilling liquids cause slipping hazards for pedestrians and cars
- Unrestrained loading or unloading: Trucks not held in place by restraints, wheel chocks, or control panel locks creep away from the dock
- Insufficient lighting: Low wattage, missing, or blown-out lights limit visibility and communication so drivers cannot see where to drive or if someone enters the loading area
Besides these listed above, there are a number of other factors that could lead to unsecured load accidents as well. How can you know if negligence contributed to your injuries or property damage? Read on to see how we can help.
Compensation You Could Claim
Our attorneys want to make things easy for you. We offer free consultations during which we discuss the circumstances of your accident.
If your case qualifies, the team at Phillips Law Group can pursue significant monetary compensation. Contact us to determine your eligibility for the following damages.
Getting treatment for your injuries is necessary, but healthcare costs can exceed more than you can ever hope to pay out of pocket.
Qualifying medical expenses could include:
- Emergency room visits
- Hospital stays
- Doctor’s visits
- Diagnostic tests
- Prescription drugs
- Home care aides
- Physical therapy
- Assistive devices (crutches, wheelchairs, artificial limbs)
If someone’s negligence caused this financial burden, it is only fair that the liable party pays your medical debt.
Were you unable to work for at least a while after your accident? A lawyer can help you seek reimbursement for your several categories of lost wages:
- Wages you were unable to earn while you were recovering from injuries (e.g. time in the hospital or while undergoing treatment and therapy)
- Resources you used during your recovery (e.g. personal days, vacation time)
- Earnings you lost the potential to gain because of a permanent injury
Proving lost wages requires documentation. Our team of professionals can help you take the necessary steps to recover your lost earnings.
Physical pain, suffering, and emotional distress
Some things in life do not have price tags. Pain and suffering damages are unique since physical and psychological pain affects everyone differently. You might qualify for these damages if your quality of life changed for the worse after your unsecured load accident.
Loss of guidance, companionship, or consortium
At times, unsecured load accidents end in death. Like the damages described above, no sum of money could make up for the loss of your loved one. Compensation is only a way to acknowledge your grief and relieve financial stress.
State laws allow family members, including parents, children, and spouses, to file wrongful death claims. Besides funeral costs, victims can seek damages for lost emotional support, parental guidance, and marital relations.
Punitive damages are different from other compensation in the sense that it is not meant to restore anything for the victim. Instead, punitive damages are penalties for wrong acts. They also serve as a deterrent to anyone else who would commit similar offenses.
In the United States, there are restrictions that could make it difficult for you to get the compensation you are due.
We’re Here to Listen
Fill out the form and we’ll contact you to go over what happened and evaluate your case for free.
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
No Fee Until We Win For You
We get to work,
you get updates
Why Unsecured Load Accident Victims Should Act Fast
Understanding Your Rights as an Auto Accident Victim