Car Accident Statistics in Arizona | 2011
- Home /
- Car Accident Statistics in Arizona | 2011
In 2011 the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration found that more than 5.3 million car accidents had been reported throughout the United States. That same year in Arizona more than 103,400 crashes had been reported.
Although car accidents tend to be rather commonplace, no one ever wants to be involved in a crash. However, it is estimated that the average driver will be involved in 2-3 car crashes in their lifetime.
Car accident statistics have been gathered for many years, likely since the establishment of the Federal Department of Transportation and statewide departments of transportation. Car accident statistics are an important way for federal and state governments to discover problem traffic areas and how the current laws are working.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident caused by a negligent driver, the victim may be entitled to compensation for property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
Fill out the FREE CASE REVIEW form to your right for a no-cost, no-obligation review of your accident claim its completely confidential.
Arizona Car Accident Statistics
Since 1998 the Arizona Department of Transportation has gathered data on car accidents that are reported throughout the state. The state also gathers information on the number of licensed drivers and registered vehicles. There were more than 5.1 million registered motor vehicles in Arizona in 2011.
The following are some car accident statistics from 2012 based on the Arizona Department of Transportations findings.
- In 2012 there were more than 103,000 car collisions reported, this was a decrease compared to 2011 but only by less than 1 percent.
- More than 49,600 persons were injured in motor vehicle accidents that year while 823 suffered from fatal injuries.
- On average a person was injured in a car crash every 10.5 minutes.
- The majority of car accidents occurred during daylight hours between 6a.m. and 6p.m.
- Motor vehicle accidents cost the state more than $2.92 billion in economic losses.
- New Years Day and Labor Day weekends in Arizona were the holiday weekends in which the most fatal accidents were reported.
- Fixed-object collisions accounted for more than 10,000 collisions.
- The county with the highest number of reported car accidents? Maricopa.
- Rear-end crashes were the most frequently reported type of accident followed by left-turn accidents.
- More than 3,100 car accidents were reported during bad weather conditions including hail/sleet, rain, and crosswinds.
- Unsurprisingly drivers and passengers using safety devices reported fewer injuries than those who didn’t.
- Speeding and failure to yield were the top two causes of accidents in Arizona. However, driving under the influence caused more than 20% of all fatal accidents.
There are also many more statistics involving accidents with cyclists and pedestrians including that there were more than 1,500 accidents involving pedestrians of which more than 86% led to serious injuries.
Contact our Car Accident Lawyers Today
Although car accident statistics provide insight into who is most frequently involved in collisions, when the most dangerous hours are, and the types of accidents, no one can necessarily escape the chances of being involved in a crash. Accidents happen, and when they do, you need an attorney who will help you fight for your rights.
At Phillips Law Group our Phoenix personal injury attorneys are dedicated to fighting for the rights of those injured due to another’s negligence. We can provide FREE legal advice and determine if the merits of the claim warrant filing a lawsuit.
We have offices throughout the United States and proudly serve the following states:
- New Mexico
To find out how we may be able to help you with your auto accident claim, call 1-800-706-3000 . Your initial case consultation is free of charge and of no-obligation to you. One of our steadfast intake staff members will connect you with one of our car accident lawyers that is suited in handling your claim.
If you would prefer to contact us online, fill out the FREE CASE REVIEW form at the top right-hand corner of this page your information will remain completely confidential.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️