Tucson Slip and Fall Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
Have you or a loved one been injured in a slip and fall accident?
If the accident happened due to the property owner’s negligence, you may be able to file an injury claim for the damages you suffered.
Having an experienced Tucson slip and fall lawyer on your side can be an important part of the recovery process. The trusted legal team at the Phillips Law Group has been pursuing compensation for personal injury victims for over 27 years. We have helped over 155,000 clients and recovered more than $1 billion in compensation. We were able to help a slip and fall victim with a fractured femur to recover $2.25 million.
Contact our Tucson slip and fall lawyers today to learn if you may be eligible for compensation. The consultation is free and confidential. We only get paid if you do. There are no hidden fees and you are not obligated to let us handle your case.
Call Phillips Law Group at 1-800-706-3000 .
How Do I Know if I Have a Case?
In a slip and fall case, your attorney must prove there was a dangerous condition on someone else’s property that caused your accident and the property owner was negligent in how he or she handled the dangerous condition.
For example, property owners could be held liable for not providing a warning to people about a potential hazard. Even if the property owner was unaware of the dangerous condition, if you can prove he or she should have known, the property owner may be liable.
Arizona property owners have a duty to ensure their property is safe for visitors. The duty varies depending on the legal status of the visitor:
- Invitee ”“ An invitee is someone who was invited onto the property by the owner, usually for business purposes. An example of an invitee is a customer who goes into a store to buy a product. Property owners must take reasonable steps to deal with obstacles and other hazards to keep invitees safe. For example, if an invitee slips and falls on a wet spot on the floor, the property owner may be liable for failing to clean up the spill. The owner may escape liability if there was a wet floor sign.
- Licensee ”“ A licensee is often someone who is a social guest of the property owner. Property owners have an obligation to provide warnings to licensees about dangerous situations that are not obvious to guests.
- Trespasser ”“ A trespasser does not have permission to be on the property. Although property owners are not obligated to warn trespassers about potential hazards, there are some situations where the property owner may be held liable for injuries. For example, if the trespassers are children, they may be protected because they may be less aware of the potential hazards than adults would be.
If you are a tenant on a property owned by someone else, you may be able to pursue a slip and fall claim against your landlord if you can prove:
- The landlord knew the hazard existed.
- The landlord could have corrected the problem without spending an unreasonable amount of money.
- Your slip and fall injury happened as a direct result of the hazard.
- The landlord did not take reasonable steps to remove or correct the hazard.
The qualified Tucson slip and fall attorneys at the Phillips Law Group understand the complexities of these cases. You can discuss what happened in a free consultation with one of our attorneys. There are no upfront fees and we only get paid if we recover compensation on your behalf.
Call us anytime 24/7 at 1-800-706-3000 .
How Much Compensation Can I Recover?
Slip and fall accidents can result in various damages that you may be able to list in your claim:
- Medical expenses ”“ This includes costs for any doctor visits and follow-up appointments, prescriptions, physical therapy or rehabilitation, testing such as x-rays, CT scans etc., surgery, hospital stays, and any assistive equipment such as wheelchairs or crutches.
- Lost income ”“ This includes any wages lost while you were injured and recovering from the accident and unable to work. This also includes times you missed work attending medical appointments. If you have a permanent disability that affects your career, you may be able to recover compensation for lost future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering ”“ The pain from your injury, both physical and emotional may be compensable in an injury claim. This could include depression, anxiety, fear and other psychological issues.
Our Tucson slip and fall injury attorneys know accident victims often have questions about the types of compensation and the value of their potential claim. This is something you can discuss in a free consultation.
At Phillips Law Group, we have a team of dedicated legal professionals with nearly three decades of experience recovering fair compensation for injury victims throughout Arizona, including in Maricopa, Mohave, Navajo, Pima, Gila, Yavapai, and Pinal counties.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Claim?
In most cases you have two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury claim, according to Arizona’s statute of limitations. If you do not file within the two-year time period, you may no longer be allowed to do so.
However, there are some instances where this time period could be extended or shortened. For example, if you are a minor, you have two years from your 18th birthday to file a claim. If your claim is against a government entity, you only have 180 days to file a claim.
Our Tucson slip and fall lawyers know how to determine the deadline that may apply to a claim. We encourage you to contact us a free consultation so we can answer your legal questions, including questions about the deadline for filing a claim.
Phillips Law Group Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Advantages of Hiring a Lawyer
Building a detailed slip and fall case is a complex task. Many victims do not possess the resources, much less the time, to take the steps needed to build a strong case. They need to focus on their recovery.
The licensed slip and fall lawyers at the Phillips Law Group know how to handle the building of a case. We manage the entire legal process for our clients, which may include:
- Determining the full value of damages
- Obtaining and reviewing medical records
- Consulting medical experts to help determine the severity of injuries
- Investigating the scene (taking pictures, obtaining video footage of the accident, talking to witnesses, etc.)
- Shielding clients from insurance companies who are working against their best interests
- Negotiating for fair compensation
- Preparing a case for trial if necessary
For over 27 years, we have built a reputation of recoverin fair compensation for personal injury victims. Our experienced team of legal professionals understands how to pursue full compensation in an injury claim.
While each case is unique, victims who hire attorneys generally recover more than those who do not hire an attorney.
Common Reasons for Slip and Fall Accidents
There are numerous reasons why slip and fall accidents occur:
- Snowy and icy walkways
- Wet or slippery floors
- Mopped or waxed floors
- Ripped or torn carpeting
- Loose floorboards
- Broken floor tiles
- Broken or cracked sidewalks
- Uneven surfaces
- Poor lighting
- Bright, reflective lighting
- Broken steps
- Lack of handrails
- Cluttered walkways
- Trash or debris on the floor
- Extension cords running over a walkway
- Lack of warning signs
If you think you may have a case or if you are unsure, feel free to contact our trusted team of legal professionals at the Phillips Law Group.
You can call our firm anytime at 1-800-706-3000 .
Where Do Slip and Fall Injuries Occur?
There are numerous locations where a slip and fall injury can occur:
- Apartment complexes
- Private homes
- Hotels and motels
- Small and large businesses
- Shopping malls
- Grocery and department stores
- Movie theaters
- Parking lots
- Public parks and playgrounds
- Hospitals and medical clinics
What are Some Common Slip and Fall Injuries?
Slip and fall accidents can lead to severe injuries that require long recovery times, such as:
- Sprained ligaments ”“ Victims may sprain their ankles and wrists if their body is twisted or falls in an awkward position.
- Broken bones ”“ Victims often suffer breaks in the hips, wrists and ankles. Tissue surrounding the bone can also get damaged and victims may need long-term physical therapy.
- Shoulder dislocations ”“ This could happen if you fall on your shoulder or reach out to break your fall.
- Spinal cord injuries ”“ This type of injury can cause severe nerve damage and sometimes permanent paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injuries ”“ Slip and fall victims may experience swelling, bleeding or a temporary loss of consciousness. A small concussion may on its own, however, a more severe traumatic brain injury can leave permanent damage that can dramatically change the way your body functions every day.
Contact a Tucson Slip and Fall Injury Attorney at Phillips Law Group
It can be difficult to prove a property owner should be held liable for a slip and fall injury. That is why you should consider hiring an experienced Tucson slip and fall lawyers with extensive knowledge about these kinds of cases.
At Phillips Law Group, our attorneys handle the legal process so our clients can focus on recovering from their injuries. Jeffrey Phillips founded Phillips Law Group back in 1993 and since then he and his legal team have been helping injury victims throughout Arizona. He served as lead counsel in over 40 jury trials and is a premiere member of the American Academy of Trial Attorneys.
To set up a meeting with a lawyer about your slip and fall injury, call 1-800-706-3000 or you can fill out our online Free Case Evaluation form and someone will be in contact with you shortly.
Phillips Law Group Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️