Prescott Whistleblower Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
Whistleblowers often risk their jobs and personal safety when they come forward with information about illegal or fraudulent activity in the workplace. This is why it is important to reach out to an experienced Prescott whistleblower attorney for legal help. Should your employer attempt to retaliate against you, we are ready to fight for your best interests.
Our firm has over 27 years of experience representing thousands of clients and are well-versed in state and federal laws. We offer a free and confidential consultation with no obligation to take legal action. You may be eligible for compensation for reporting the activity. There are no upfront legal fees if we represent you.
Understanding the False Claims Act
The False Claims Act was originally enacted during the Civil War to prevent the military from using their relationship with the government for financial gain.
In recent years, the Act has been used to combat health care fraud and identify abuse in industries such as housing, construction, energy and more. The law prohibits some of the following:
- Knowingly presenting or causing a false or fraudulent claim for payment or approval
- Knowingly creating, presenting or making use of a false material or records
- Has possession, custody or control of property used or to be used by the government and knowingly delivering less of that money or property
- Conspiring to submit a false claim
- Receiving property from someone who is not legally authorized to sell the property
- Delivering a document the confirms receiving government property without knowing for sure that the information is accurate
Benefits of Hiring a Prescott Whistleblower Attorney
At Phillips Law Group, we understand the risks you are taking by releasing this sensitive information. We also know how difficult it can be to prove that an employer violated the False Claims Act. We are prepared to tackle these complex cases. We have a detailed understanding of this law and other relevant laws that may apply to your situation.
Once we establish that you are able to take legal action, an investigation will be conducted and supportive evidence will be gathered to begin building a strong case on your behalf.
The government may even intervene in your case, which may be beneficial as cases that have government intervention are often more successful than those that do not. If the government becomes involved, their attorneys will assume control of the case and may either pursue and prosecute the case, dismiss the case or settle it. The government, however, must approve if you want to settle the case.
Confidentiality in whistleblower cases is very important to our legal team. Your consultation is completely confidential and should you have a viable case, we are prepared to take the necessary steps to protect your identity from the public.
Have questions about the legal process? Call 1-800-706-3000 .
Types of Fraud Our Firm Handles
Our firm has experience handling various types of fraud against the U.S. government, including, but not limited to:
- Health care ”“ Health care providers who submit fraudulent claims of payment against the government are guilty of violating the False Claims Act. This may also include charging twice for the same treatment or inflating charges to Medicare and Medicaid for services they did not provide.
- Financial ”“ Many corporate entities have been found guilty of fraudulent activity such as mortgage or government pension fraud.
- Environmental ”“ Instances in which the environmental industry unethically lies about providing a certain service is generally violating the law. Examples of this may be claiming to have removed toxic waste from an area but neglecting to do so.
- Research ”“ The act of falsifying research data in order to be eligible for U.S. grant funds is another type of fraudulent activity.
Violations of the Act can also happen in:
- Federal student loans
- Defense contracts
- Government grants
- Government packed pensions
If you believe that you have information of your employer’s illegal activity, do not hesitate to reach out to a licensed Prescott whistleblower lawyer for legal advice.
Can a Whistleblower Be Compensated?
Under the False Claims Act, if the government intervenes in the case and determines that the other party is guilty of fraud, you may be eligible to receive anywhere between 15 to 25 percent of the money recovered.
In cases in which the government does not intervene, the percentage may increase to between 25 to 30 percent.
Aside from monetary compensation, you may be able to obtain relief if you were retaliated against by your employer. He or she must reinstate you to your previous position and give you double back pay. Retaliation could include:
- Denying a promotion
- Making an employee’s tasks more difficult
- Physical or verbal abuse
- Negative performance reviews
Reach Out to a Prescott Whistleblower Lawyer Today
If you suspect that your employer is committing illegal, fraudulent activity, it may be in your best interest to have a lawyer on your side to help you navigate the legal process.
At Phillips Law Group, we know that the stakes are high for you, and your protection is our priority. For more than 27 years, we have been protecting the rights of our clients and welcome the opportunity to review your whistleblower claim during a free consultation.
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, so we do not charge for our services unless you obtain compensation through a settlement or verdict.
We are available 24/7 to take you call. 1-800-706-3000 .
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️