Prescott Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney | Phillips Law Group
Have you or a loved one experienced a traumatic brain injury caused by the negligence of another person or entity? You may be eligible to pursue compensation for the damages you experienced.
The legal team at Phillips Law Group has over 27 years of experience helping our injured clients obtain financial recoveries. We helped a motorcycle crash victim obtain $7.65 million after suffering a severe brain injury. We also helped a client who suffered brain damage from medical malpractice recover $3,000,000.
Our Prescott traumatic brain injury lawyers are available to discuss your situation during a free, no-obligation consultation. Our services are provided on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no upfront costs or lawyer’s fees. We only get paid if we help you recover favorable compensation.
Call us now to set up your free consultation at 1-800-706-3000 .
Defining a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
This injury is usually the result of a violent blow or jolt to the head causing a disruption in the normal functioning of the brain.
The injury is often the result of a serious accident where the victim was hit in the head. However, it could also be the result of medical malpractice, such as an anesthesia error that results in brain damage.
TBIs are usually divided into two categories:
- Closed head injuries ”“ The victim gets hit in the head but his or her skull does not get penetrated. The blow to the head is so violent it causes the brain to hit the inside of the skull. Slips and falls, sport-related injuries, car accidents or workplace accidents can all result in a closed head injury. Victims may suffer a long period of psychological and cognitive impairment.
- Open head injuries – If the skull is physically pierced with an object like a medical tool or bullet, it may cause severe bleeding in the brain, which is often life-threatening and can lead to death.
What are the Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Traumatic brain injuries can vary from minor to severe and can have a wide range of psychological and physical effects. Below we discuss the symptoms a TBI victim may experience:
Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
Victims of these injuries could be unconscious for less than half an hour. Symptoms may include:
- Blurred vision
- Memory loss
- Changes in mood
- Unusual sensitivity to light
- Lost sleep
Moderate Traumatic Brain Injury
When a person loses consciousness immediately after trauma to the head, he or she may have suffered a moderate traumatic brain injury. Symptoms include:
- Weak toes or fingers
- Fluid running from ears and nose
- Vomiting repeatedly
- Slurring words
Victims of a moderate traumatic brain injury may not show signs until hours or days after the incident occurred.
Severe Traumatic Brain Injury
When a victim is unconscious for a long period of time, he or she may have a severe injury. Victims of a severe traumatic brain injury may suffer from the following:
- Blurred vision
- Inability to hold balance
- Dilated pupils
- Trouble walking
- Trouble with speech
Even mild symptoms of a traumatic brain injury should be addressed by a medical professional as soon as possible. If the injury goes untreated, it can cause life-threatening injuries.
Am I Eligible to File a Case?
A traumatic brain injury may cause lifelong physical and emotional issues, along with financial trouble from medical bills and lost income.
However, victims cannot pursue damages unless their attorney can establish the injury was caused by another’s negligence. This legal theory has four elements, each of which must be proven:
- Duty of care – The at-fault party had a legal obligation to act reasonably in a way that would not bring harm to you or others.For example, doctors have a duty to provide appropriate care to their patients to prevent them from suffering further harm. Other drivers have a duty to obey the rules of the road.
- Breach of duty of care ”“ The responsible party failed to uphold his or her legal obligation by acting in a manner that a reasonable person would not have.
- Causation – There is a link between the at-fault party’s actions and your injury. Generally, this means that if the at-fault party did not handle the situation as he or she did, you would have avoided injury.
- Damages –Finally, you will have to prove you suffered some form of damage as a result of the negligent party’s actions. Damages may include the out-of-pocket expenses you experienced like medical bills or lost wages, or the emotional trauma you may have endured.
It is difficult to determine if you have a valid case without knowing the specifics of your accident. That is why we encourage you to speak to an experienced attorney from our firm to better understand your possible legal options.
What is the Value of My TBI Case?
Each traumatic brain injury is unique, so the value of damages depends on the specifics of your accident. Our Prescott traumatic brain injury lawyers understand how devastating a brain injury can be and are prepared to pursue the full value of your claim. We know how important it is to recover compensation for physical, financial and emotional damages as victims are trying to move forward with their lives.
Is There a Time Limit to Take Legal Action Against the At-Fault Party?
If you or a loved one is a victim of a traumatic brain injury, it is important that you reach out to an attorney as soon as possible to learn about your legal options.
There is limited time to take legal action to pursue compensation. Arizona’s personal injury statute of limitations mandates that all personal injury cases be filed within two years of the injury.
Failure to file a claim within this time may cause the claim to be dismissed and you may lose the opportunity to pursue compensation through the legal system.
However, there may be certain exceptions involved in your case that will allow you to file a claim after the two years pass. For example, there could be a gap in time between the accident and the discovery of your injury. In these situations, the two-year clock may not start running until the date you discover your injury.
Unsure about how much time you have to potentially file a claim? Contact Phillips Law Group.
How Can a Lawyer from Phillips Law Group Help?
If you are a victim of a traumatic brain injury, you may wonder why it may be helpful to hire a lawyer.
Having an experienced lawyer to manage your case allows you to keep your focus on your health and healing. Our Prescott traumatic brain injury attorneys understand how difficult it can be to deal with a traumatic brain injury. Everyday tasks can become difficult or impossible and victims often need a lot of assistance.
If we find you have a valid case, and you hire us, we are prepared to take the necessary steps to build a strong case on your behalf:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident that caused your injury ”“ We need to determine why the accident happened and who may be liable. This may involve visiting the scene, taking pictures, talking to witnesses, reviewing police report and consulting experts.
- Determining a fair value for your damages ”“ We have access to medical experts who can explain how an injury may affect a victim, both now and in the future. This helps us to determine the full value of medical bills and other damages.
- Negotiating with insurance companies ”“ We are experienced negotiators and understand the tactics of insurance companies, who aim to devalue your claim. If you hire us, we are prepared to deal with the insurance company on your behalf to protect your claim.
Contact Our Firm to Schedule a Free Consultation with a Prescott Brain Injury Attorney
Our attorneys at Phillips Law Group understand the negative impact a traumatic brain injury can have on a person’s life. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your situation with us during a 100 percent free consultation.
We have a dedicated team of attorneys, investigators, paralegals and support staff ready to build a strong case on your behalf. Founder Jeffrey Phillips is a member of the National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers ”“ Top 25 and has obtained verdicts in several Arizona counties: Maricopa, Pinal, Yavapai, Mohave and Pima.
You can contact us, risk-free to set up your consultation and let us see how we may be able to help. We do not charge for our services unless we help you obtain a fair settlement.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️