Peoria Wrongful Death Attorney | Phillips Law Group
If you lost a loved one from a situation that could have been prevented, you may have the option to pursue financial compensation for damages. Contacting a lawyer to discuss what happened is an important step to take during this difficult time.
Our firm has decades of experience helping our clients obtain compensation for their losses ”“ over more than 27 years we have recovered more than $1 billion in compensation. We obtained a settlement of $4,500,000 on behalf of a victim who died in a motorcycle accident. Our founding partner Jeffrey Phillips has served as lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials is a member of the American Academy of Trial Attorneys.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your claim with us during a 100 percent free, no-obligation consultation. We are ready to review your claim and determine if you have a case. We also work on a contingency fee basis, so there are no upfronts fees. This is because we only get paid if we are successful in obtaining compensation on your behalf.
Call our firm for more information. 1-800-706-3000
Am I Eligible to Pursue Financial Compensation?
It is difficult to determine if you have a valid case and can pursue compensation without knowing the specifics of your claim. During your free consultation, our attorneys can review the four elements of negligence to determine if you may have a viable case:
- A Duty of Care was Owed to Your Loved One ”“ The at-fault party owed the deceased a duty of care to act in a reasonable manner that would prevent others from suffering harm.
- The Duty of Care was Breached ”“ The at-fault party failed to take reasonable steps to prevent injuries to others. In other words, the at-fault party was negligent, careless or reckless.
- There is a Link Between the Breached Duty of Care and Your Loved One’s Death ”“ The at-fault party’s actions or failure to act directly caused the decedent’s death. Generally, this means that had the at-fault party acted in a different manner, the deceased would still likely be alive.
- Damages Exist ”“ You must show that you suffered some form of financial or emotional harm, such as funeral expenses, lost income and loss of guidance.
Free Case Review. 1-800-706-3000
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
It is important to note that not everyone is eligible to file a wrongful death claim. In Arizona, the following parties who are associated with the departed may be permitted to file a wrongful death claim:
- Surviving wife or husband of the deceased
- Surviving children of the deceased
- Surviving parent or guardian of the deceased
- Representative of the deceased’s estate
Learn more about wrongful death claims by speaking to a trusted Peoria wrongful death attorney from our firm.
We are here to help. 1-800-706-3000
What Is the Value of My Case?
Wrongful death cases are unique and involve various factors that can affect the overall value of your potential claim. That is why it is important to speak to an experienced lawyer to understand the damages you may be able to pursue.
Damages Suffered by the Family
- Loss of guidance, care and companionship
- Pain and suffering from losing your loved one
- Value of lost household services that the decedent used to cover when alive
Damages to the Decedent’s Estate
- Medical expenses for the deceased’s final treatment
- Lost wages that your loved one would have earned
- Funeral and burial costs
- Compensation for the deceased’s pain and suffering before death
- Benefits that the deceased was entitled to before death
- Property damage
We understand that this process may be overwhelming. You can seek legal guidance from our team at Phillips Law Group today to learn more about how we may be able to help you and your family.
Is There a Time Limit to File a Wrongful Death Claim?
In Arizona, wrongful death claims must be filed within two years following the deceased’s death. If you fail to file before this two-year time limit you may lose the right to do so, or your case could be dismissed in court.
However, even if you think the two-year deadline has passed, it is still important that you speak to a skilled attorney as there could be exceptions for your case.
Contact our firm to learn more at 1-800-706-3000 .
How Can a Lawyer from Phillips Law Group Help My Case?
At Phillips Law Group, our team is dedicated to the best interests of our clients. If you have a valid case, our firm is prepared to guide you through the entire legal process and may be able to handle the following on your behalf:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident
- Build a strong case with supportive evidence
- Handle insurance companies
- Apply our extensive knowledge of state laws that apply to your claim
- Determine the value of your claim
- Negotiating for fair compensation
- Answer your legal questions
There are no guarantees in the legal process, but working with an established attorney often results in a greater financial recovery.
Our firm also has a proven track record of securing compensation on behalf of those who lost loved ones:
- $4,500,000 for a wrongful death in a motorcycle accident
- $4,000,000 for a wrongful death in a car accident caused by a defective tire
- $1,500,000 for a wrongful death in a jet ski accident
If you have any questions regarding your situation, do not hesitate to contact our firm. Phone: 1-800-706-3000 .
Common Causes of Wrongful Deaths
It is unfortunate that another person’s negligence or lack of care can be the cause of such a tragic event. If you lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you may have grounds to pursue a lawsuit.
Examples of situations that could lead to a wrongful death case include:
- Work-related accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Product liability accidents
- Birth injury
Contact an Experienced Peoria Wrongful Death Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At Phillips Law Group, we understand that no amount of compensation can make up for losing your loved one. We know how important compensation can be to families looking to move forward after this tragic event and deal with the financial and emotional damages they have suffered.
Our initial consultation is 100 percent free and there is no obligation to take legal action if you have a case. We do not charge upfront fees and payment is only due if we help you secure compensation.
Our founder Jeffrey Phillips is a member of The National Trial Lawyers Association ”“ Top 100.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️