Slip and Fall Attorney Lake Havasu City | Phillips Law Group
- Home / Practice Areas | Phillips Law Group / Practice Areas | Lake Havasu City | Phillips Law Group /
- Slip and Fall Attorney Lake Havasu City | Phillips Law Group
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident that you think may have been caused by the property owner’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation for your damages.
The personal injury lawyers at Phillips Law Group have been helping Arizona injury victims recover compensation since 1993. We have obtained more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients, including $2.25 million in compensation for an injury victim who suffered a broken leg in a slip and fall accident.
Contact Phillips Law Group for a free case review to discuss whether you may have a case. You are not obligated to let us represent you. If you choose to hire our firm there are no upfront costs. Our attorneys do not get paid unless we help recover fair compensation for your claim.
What Qualifies as a Slip and Fall Case?
Slip and fall cases can be difficult to prove without the assistance of a knowledgeable attorney. The victim must prove his or her injury was a result of a property owner’s negligence and the accident would not have occurred otherwise.
Property owners have a legal obligation to make sure their property is reasonably safe for visitors, depending on the legal classification of the visitor:
- Invitees are invited onto the property by the owner for business or financial gain. For example, a store owner has a legal obligation to reasonably maintain the property to make sure it is safe for customers to come in and shop.
- Licensees include social guests invited onto the property by the owner. The property owner is legally responsible for warning his or her guests about any possibly dangerous conditions that may not be obvious.
- Trespassers are people who do not have permission to be on the property. For the most part, property owners are only responsible for not trying to bring intentional harm to trespassers. However, child trespassers may have more legal protection since they may be less aware of a dangerous condition. The property owner may be forced to make changes to the property to ensure children can no longer access a dangerous condition, such as a swimming pool.
Our Lake Havasu City slip and fall lawyers are prepared to review your situation in a free consultation to help determine the legal duty you may have been owed before your accident.
What is the Value of My Slip and Fall Case?
Determining the value of your case can be difficult without the help of an experienced attorney. If you have a valid case, our experienced Lake Havasu slip and fall lawyers are prepared to review your injuries and other factors to determine the value of your damages.
Some of the damages you may be eligible to receive could include:
- Medical bills ”“ This includes medical expenses that are directly related to your slip and fall injury, including past, present or future medical bills for things like doctor visits, hospital stays, imaging tests (i.e. x-rays, MRI’s, etc.), medications, physical therapy, rehabilitation or any assistive medical equipment such as a wheelchair or walker.
- Lost wages ”“ You may be eligible to receive compensation for wages you lost on days you missed work because of your injury, including times you missed work because you had to go to get treatment or meet with doctors. Sometimes slip and fall victims can suffer severe injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, and they may never be able to return to work or return to the same job as before. If this happens to you, you may be able to recover compensation for lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering ”“ Slip and fall accident victims may also be compensated for the physical, mental and emotional pain they may have endured. This could include anxiety, fear, depression and more.
If you have any questions about the potential value of your claim, our Lake Havasu slip and fall lawyers at Phillips Law Group are prepared to answer them in a free case evaluation. There are no upfront fees and there is no obligation to hire us. We only receive payment when we help recover compensation.
Have a question about your slip and fall case? Call Phillips Law Group today at 1-800-706-3000 .
Who May Be Held Liable?
Slip and fall accidents can happen almost anywhere, including private homes, driveways, businesses, commercial parking lots and various other locations. Sometimes multiple parties can be held liable for your accident, depending on where it occurred. This is something your lawyer can help determine.
One of the most important factors in determining liability is the type of property where the accident happened:
Residential property ”“ The property owner, tenant or a third-party vendor could potentially be liable for a slip and fall accident.
In these types of cases, it must be proven that the property owner should have known about the dangerous condition and the accident was directly caused by the condition.
Some dangerous conditions may include:
- Uneven pavement
- Torn carpeting
- Broken steps
- Broken railing on a stairway
- Poorly-lit hallways/walkways
- Holes in the ground
Commercial property ”“ Multiple parties may hold liability for a slip and fall accident at a commercial location, such as:
- The property owner or landlord is usually responsible for the overall maintenance and safety of the location, even if he or she is not the business owner.
- The business owner is legally obligated to take reasonable measures to maintain a safe environment. He or she may be held liable for any issues with walkways, poor lighting or broken glass.
- Individual employees can be held liable if they were aware of a hazardous situation at the workplace and did not rectify the situation or notify the owner or their supervisor.
Government property ”“ You may be able to pursue a claim against a government entity, but there are specific rules you must follow.
The Lake Havasu City slip and fall lawyers at Phillips Law Group are prepared to pursue many types of slip and fall cases.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Slip and Fall Claim?
The statute of limitations in Arizona gives most personal injury victims two years to file a claim. However, there may be some cases when this time period may be longer or shorter, depending on the details of your claim.
For instance, if your claim is against a government body, you have just 180 days to provide notice of your intent to file a claim. If you were a minor at the time of the accident, you usually have two years after your 18th birthday to submit your claim.
If you do not submit your claim on time, it could be dismissed, and you may lose the opportunity to pursue compensation. Determining which deadline applies to your case is something our Lake Havasu City slip and fall lawyers may be able to verify for you in a free consultation.
Call 1-800-706-3000 to reach Phillips Law Group and set up your free consultation.
Why Should I Hire a Slip and Fall Lawyer?
There are numerous advantages to hiring a lawyer for your slip and fall case. Injury victims who decide to hire a lawyer often recover larger compensation awards compared to those who do not.
Our lawyers know what it takes to prove negligence in a slip and fall case. You can let us handle the complexities of the legal process so you can focus on healing from your injuries. This includes gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, negotiating a fair settlement and hiring industry experts to help validate your claim.
Phillips Law Group has been helping defend the rights of the injured in Arizona for nearly three decades. We are committed to pursuing the full value of a case, including present expenses, future medical expenses and emotional damages.
What Causes Slip and Fall Injuries?
There could be various reasons why slip and fall accidents happen, such as:
- Mopped floors
- Waxed floors
- Cracks in the sidewalk
- Uneven walkways/sidewalks
- Icy walkways
- Loose or bunched up carpeting
- Unstable steps on a staircase
- Poor lighting
- Inadequate signs warning of hazards
- Broken tiles
- Broken handrail
- Unfinished staircase
- Merchandise in store aisles
If you believe your slip and fall accident was preventable and due to the negligence of others, you may have a viable case.
Have Questions? Call Our Lake Havasu Slip and Fall Attorneys Today
We understand this might be a difficult time for you and your family. If you have a case, we are prepared to manage the process of pursuing compensation so you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
Our attorneys have a history of recovering compensation for injury victims – over $1 billion recovered for more than 155,000 consumer clients. Our founding partner, Jeffrey Phillips, is an experienced trial lawyer having served as lead counsel in over 40 jury trials. He has obtained verdicts in several Arizona counties and is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association ”“ Top 100.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️