Lake Havasu City Civil Rights Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
- Home / Practice Areas | Phillips Law Group / Practice Areas | Lake Havasu City | Phillips Law Group /
- Lake Havasu City Civil Rights Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
All U.S. citizens are granted certain civil rights to guarantee protection against discrimination based on sex, marital status, race, religion, age and more.
At Phillips Law Group, we have been advocating and providing a voice for victims for nearly 30 years. Our proven history includes the recovery of hundreds of millions in compensation for our clients, including a recovery of $350,000 for the family of a victim who was killed after being shot by Arizona policemen.
If your civil rights have been violated, talk to one of our Lake Havasu City civil rights lawyers to find out whether you may be eligible to file a claim for damages. We offer a free and confidential consultation. This consultation is a no-risk opportunity for you to get answers about your legal options. There is no obligation to hire us and if we represent you, we charge no money upfront for our services unless we are successful in obtaining compensation for you.
Give us a call at 1-800-706-3000 to learn more about your rights.
What Can a Civil Rights Lawyer Do to Help?
If you have suffered some form of discrimination, police brutality, or another civil rights violation, we want to help. Hiring a knowledgeable civil rights lawyer who is well-versed in relevant Arizona laws can be beneficial to your potential claim. From investigating your circumstances and gathering evidence to help build a strong argument on your behalf, we have the necessary resources and skills to get the job done.
We begin with a completely free initial consultation to determine if your case has merit. Since we accept civil rights claims on contingency, there is no financial risk to get started.
Take advantage of our free legal consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Examples of Civil Rights Violations
The news and social media provide recent and horrific, real-life examples of excessive, and sometimes deadly force exhibited by law enforcement, but there are other serious housing, employment and government civil rights violations that happen every day, including, but not limited to:
- Racial profiling by police, stores, and employers
- Unlawful arrest
- Police brutality (including beatings and shootings)
- Housing discrimination
- Employment termination due to age
- Employment hiring discrimination
- Verbal and/or written threats
- Physical assault
If you believe you have been victimized and your civil rights violated, contact our team at Phillips Law Group today.
Civil Rights Cases We Handle
The U.S. Constitution was created to protect all citizens who suffer any violation of civil rights. We take these rights seriously and are prepared to handle various civil rights cases, including:
- Misconduct by law enforcement”“ If you are arrested under false pretenses, handled with excessive force or mistreated with some other form of malicious prosecution by an officer of the law, you may be able to file a damages claim.
- Domestic abuse”“ Restraining orders and other types of protection are a crucial step in handling cases involving domestic violence.
- Employment discrimination”“ Applicants or employed individuals who experience discrimination because of gender, age, race, sexual orientation or religion may have a valid claim.
- Housing discrimination”“ Housing discrimination occurs in many ways, such as with a property owner who wants to eliminate certain types of tenants based on marital status, race or other characteristic.
- Government discrimination”“ An individual may experience similar types of employer discrimination working for or applying to a local, state or federal government entity.
- Contract disputes”“ Business contracts or other written or verbal agreements occur when one or more involved parties no longer agree with the originally-agreed-upon contract terms.
- Property disputes”“ These disputes arise over real property or real estate, such as those involving either municipal or government property line issues.
Civil rights cases are often complicated, which is why we encourage that you to consult with a qualified Lake Havasu City civil rights attorney from our firm.
What Can I Do If My Civil Rights Are Violated?
Once a situation is determined to be a valid claim for a civil rights violation, there are several avenues of resolution available, including:
- Informal negotiations”“ An opportunity that is decided by and provided to all parties who elect to avoid a lawsuit by first attempting to discuss and work out issues.
- Mediation”“ When informal negotiations are unsuccessful, both parties may opt to work with a professional mediator. While a mediator is able to be an objective third party and make suggestions accordingly, he or she does not have any legal authority in the final decisions that are made by any of the parties involved.
- Arbitration”“ An arbitrator also provides neutral mediation, however, unlike a professional mediator, this individual does have the ability to provide a resolution that can be legally enforced in a court of law.
- Filing a lawsuit”“ This step involves filing a lawsuit in a court of law as a legal attempt to pursue resolution following a civil rights violation.
Discuss your legal options with a member of our team today. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Contact a Lake Havasu City Civil Rights Attorney To Get Started
If you or someone you care about has had their civil rights abused, we recommend that you to contact our qualified Lake Havasu civil rights attorneys at Phillips Law Group to see how we may be able to help.
We have been providing a legal voice to those in need for almost three decades. Our founder Jeffrey Phillips has served as lead counsel on more than 40 jury trials throughout Arizona. If you have a case, we are prepared to protect your legal rights and seek maximum compensation on your behalf. Contact us to schedule a free consultation. Our phone lines are available to take your call anytime, day or night.
No upfront fees for our services. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
Phillips Law Group does so much for the community!!! I especially enjoy seeing Juan Roque out there. This gentle giant always has a smile on his face and is a part of a caring and giving team.
Kathy Hudson and Donato Giovanatto. Continues to go above and beyond the call of duty. Reaching out to the insurance company about the damage to the vehicle. Forcing them to take responsibility.
I would have no hesitation at all recommending Phillips Law Group. In particular, Juan Roque has impressed me with his professionalism, his integrity and his heart for the community!
Phillips Law Group provides a collaborative environment in which both attorneys and staff work together to achieve the best outcome for clients. As an attorney here at PLG, I’m lucky to be surrounded by seasoned attorneys and knowledgeable staff that share my enthusiasm for helping accident victims. The team here at PLG treats clients with respect and empathy while fighting hard to get the results they deserve.
Many companies talk about teamwork but few practice it. Many companies talk about an employee friendly environment but few actually provide it. At Phillips Law Group the foundation of our success is making sure we work as a team and that we work in an environment that allows everyone to thrive and be at their best every day. Our firm understands that in order for the client to have a great experience the people responsible for that client’s case must be given all the necessary tools and encouragement to make that happen. That’s the Phillips Way. As a manager of this firm in charge of several employees as well as directly affecting the client’s experience I take tremendous pride in saying we live by these premises and we work hard to build on them and make them better every day. This is an amazing place because it has amazing people working here!
Working at Phillips Law Group has been great the 1st few years in I noticed how well organized and run this Firm was from Intake to Settlement the Client has the expertise of a staff member uniquely qualified for the particular stage of each Clients claim and all other Law firms try to emulate what we do here but none quite get it right because they lack one major component “Compassion”. We are a FAMILY not just a group of people/employees. We care deeply about each other and our clients’ we are considerate, compassionate and make sure that all our Clients’ needs are met from beginning to end. That’s because we treat our clients just like we treat each other. Nothing like walking through the office and saying Hello to fellow employees who always seem to be smiling. 16yrs in and it only seems to be getting better.
Two family members were in a bad wreck a couple of years ago, and as a result called Phillips Law to represent them. Montana Thompson was the attorney assigned to the case with the help of Nemo Farr as legal assistant. Mr. Thompson litigated a very generous settlement for both my stepdaughter and her son. Because my grandson is a minor, I decided to act as conservator for him to ensure the settlement was safe and secure. Montana helped with that process, but it was Nemo who went way above and beyond the call in finding a financial institution to use for the restricted account. There were some glitches in that process but Nemo helped navigate them with a calm expertise which belies his age. I would consider them both great representatives of the level of commitment to their clients and assets to their firm.
Jon Jamieson was amazing to work with . He came through with all of his promises.
If you are in need of legal support for a motor vehicle collision of any kind, I highly recommend going to Phillips Law Group Injury Lawyers. Sean Davis has exemplary knowledge and experience in this field, compassion for his clients, and excellent judgment and communication skills.