Glendale Wrongful Death Attorneys | Phillips Law Group
When a loved one dies unexpectedly because of the negligence of another, families are left to wonder how they can ever move forward. Talking to an experienced attorney can be an important step as families struggle to deal with the effects of loss. Arizona allows family members to pursue compensation for financial and emotional losses they have endured after losing a loved one.
The Glendale wrongful death lawyers at Phillips Law Group can determine if this may be an option for you in a free consultation. Our firm has obtained more than $1 billion in compensation for injury victims in 27 years. This includes $4,500,000 for a motorcycle accident wrongful death case and $4,000,000 for a wrongful death case involving a defective tire.
Contact our firm today to request a free consultation. There is no obligation to pursue legal action with our firm, but if you choose to move forward, there are no upfront fees. We are only paid if we successfully recover compensation for your claim.
We are available 24/7 ”“ call 1-800-706-3000 today.
Can I Pursue Financial Compensation?
In a wrongful death claim, the plaintiff’s attorney is responsible for proving the decedent’s death was caused by the negligence of another party. There are four elements in a negligence claim:
- A Duty of Care was Owed: The at-fault party owed the decedent a duty of care, which is a legal responsibility to use reasonable care to prevent harm to the decedent.
- The Duty was Breached: The at-fault party failed to fulfill the duty of care owed to the decedent.
- Link Between Breached Duty and Death: The at-fault party’s failure to fulfill the duty of care resulted in the decedent’s death.
- Damages Exist: These could include financial damages like funeral expenses and lost income, along with emotional damages like pain and suffering.
There are many different examples of negligence that could lead to a wrongful death:
- A driver’s failure to follow traffic laws, resulting in a fatal accident
- A product manufacturer’s failure to address known defects in a product
- A drug company’s failure to warn patients of dangerous side effects
- A doctor’s failure to perform within accepted medical standards
- A property owner’s failure to address dangerous conditions on his or her property
Phillips Law Group has an entire team of paralegals, investigators and other support staff prepared to thoroughly investigate your loved one’s death and attempt to gather evidence of negligence.
Families who lost loved ones often do not have the time or resources to conduct a detailed investigation to build a robust case. This is why you should strongly consider talking to our Glendale wrongful death lawyers about whether we can help you during this difficult time.
If insurance companies call, you can refer them to us to speak to them on your behalf. We know the tricks insurance companies employ to avoid responsibility and can protect your best interests. Our lawyers have many years of experience dealing with insurance companies.
Contact a Glendale wrongful death lawyer for a free consultation. 1-800-706-3000
Arizona Requirements for Filing a Wrongful Death Case
In Arizona, the following parties associated with the decedent are permitted to file wrongful death claims in civil court:
- Representative of the deceased’s estate
- Surviving spouse
- Surviving children
- Surviving parent or guardian
You can learn more about these requirements in a free legal consultation.
What Is the Value of My Case?
Each wrongful death claim involves unique circumstances that help to determine the compensation that may be available.
There are generally two categories of damages in a wrongful death claim.
Damages to the Decedent’s Estate
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills for the deceased’s final treatment
- Lost wages that the decedent would have earned
- Benefits that the decedent would have earned
- Compensation for the decedent’s pain and suffering before death
- Property damage
Damages Suffered by the Family
- Pain and suffering due to the death of a loved one
- Value of lost household services that would have been performed by the decedent
- Loss of care, guidance and companionship
If you have questions about the types of damages recoverable through wrongful death action, we are here to answer them.
Deadlines for Filing Wrongful Death Claims
While each case is unique, generally, wrongful death claims must be filed within two years of the decedent’s date of death (A.R.S. Â§ 12-542(2)). If this deadline is missed, it may not be possible to pursue compensation through a lawsuit.
However, the deadline for your case could be different so it is important to speak with a qualified attorney about how much time you have to take legal action.
Set up your free legal consultation. Phillips Law Group: 1-800-706-3000
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer?
Phillips Law Group has successfully secured compensation for many families affected by the wrongful death of a loved one, including:
- $4,500,000 for wrongful death in a motorcycle accident
- $4,000,000 for wrongful death in a car accident caused by a defective tire
- $1,500,000 for wrongful death in a jet ski accident
We can handle the investigation of your case, insurance company inquiries, and the trial if your case gets to that point.
While there are no guarantees, victims who work with a lawyer tend to obtain more compensation than those who do not.
Contact Our Wrongful Death Lawyers Today
The untimely loss of a loved one can be devastating for families, especially when it was the result of negligence and could have been prevented. Hiring an attorney with a proven track record who can protect your best interests can be an important part of the healing process.
Phillips Law Group offers a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your loss and find out if you may be eligible to seek compensation. There are no upfront fees and payment is only due if we successfully recover compensation for your wrongful death claim. We have obtained more than $1 billion for more than 155,000 clients over 27 years and are ready to put our experience and knowledge to work for you.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️