Glendale Catastrophic Injury Attorneys | Phillips Law Group
A catastrophic injury is a life-changing injury that occurs during an accident. It could impact the brain, spine, or even the skull. Unfortunately, many of these injuries are caused by accidents that were avoidable but may have occurred due to another person’s negligence. The negligent party may not have sustained any serious, life-threatening injuries while you could be suffering from a catastrophic injury that has negatively altered your way of life. If this is true for you, it is possible that you have a claim worth filing against the negligent individual.
Our qualified attorneys at Phillips Law have worked with clients that have experienced catastrophic injuries in the past. We know these injuries are incredibly serious and can lead to disabilities and lifelong ailments. Our team consists of more than a dozen experienced and hardworking attorneys that are ready to learn more about your situation.
If you would like to learn more about your legal rights and discover if you have a claim worth pursuing, you can speak to one of our attorneys today at absolutely no cost to you. We provide a free consultation and we will not charge you for our services unless you win and receive the compensation you have requested for the injury.
If you are ready for your free consultation, call us today at 1-800-706-3000 .
Can I File a Case?
Upon reviewing the details of your claim, your attorney can let you know if you can file a case based on your claims of negligence. There are four elements associated with negligence claims. These elements include duty, breach, cause, and harm.
- Duty of care ”“In some instances, a negligent party owed a duty of care to the victim. For example, a physician or a surgeon would owe a duty of care to the patient. A medical mistake could result in a catastrophic injury.
- Breachof duty of care ”“The negligent party may have breached his or her duty of care by acting irresponsibly or irrationally. Drivers owe a duty of care to one another to drive safely and prevent accidents on the road. However, one driver may have breached that duty of care by choosing to drive while intoxicated or distracted by something else, such as a smartphone.
- Causation”“When the breach of that duty of care causes an accident that leads to your injuries, the negligent individual is in the wrong and may be held liable.
- Damages”“The negligent party could have caused harm to you in numerous ways. Not only do accidents lead to physical harm in the form of serious and possibly even fatal injuries, but these accidents can also lead to financial stress due to costly medical bills and a loss of income.
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Catastrophic Injury Claim
Each state across the country has its own statute of limitations for those filing personal injury claims. What this means for you is that you only have a certain amount of time to file your claim. If you do not complete the filing process within the designated amount of time, you will lose out on the ability to seek compensation for various damages.
In Arizona, there is a two-year time limit. The deadline typically begins from the date the injury first occurred. Because a catastrophic injury is often noticeable immediately, a claim should be filed soon after the accident takes place to avoid cutting it too close to the deadline. If you would like to seek compensation for what you have been through and what you will continue to go through over the years because of your injury, now is the time to get professional legal advice and possibly even file your claim against the negligent party.
How Much Is the Case Worth?
The value of a case varies tremendously. An experienced catastrophic injury attorney could potentially give you a better idea on the value of your case after going over different scenarios with you and receiving answers to important questions relating to both the accident and your injuries. If it turns out that you have a case on your hands and you should pursue compensation, you may be able to receive that compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses that you have incurred and will continue to incur over the years because of your injuries
- The cost of any special equipment you now need to use because of any disabilities or ailments you have that are a result of your injury
- The cost of different types of therapies that you may need over the next several years or for the rest of your life
- Loss of income from being unable to work
- Property damage that occurred during the accident
These are a few of the damages you could potentially seek compensation for when you are filing your claim. When a person suffers from a catastrophic injury, the value of the case often increases because that individual may never be able to go back to work again or do certain things that would normally come naturally for most people.
Why Is It Important to Hire a Lawyer?
It is important to hire a lawyer because you need to know if you truly have a case on your hands. And, if you do have a case, you need to understand the steps that you must take to seek the compensation you deserve to receive after suffering from such a catastrophic injury. Our legal team knows that catastrophic injury cases are often complex and require a lot of evidence, including medical records from hospitals and primary care physicians. However, we are fully prepared to perform a complete investigation, gather copies of your records, and take on all the paperwork that comes with filing a claim to receive compensation.
Who Is Liable for the Catastrophic Injury?
The person who is liable for your catastrophic injury is usually the person who initially caused the accident. It would all depend on the type of accident you were involved in and how things played out when your injury occurred. These are some examples of who could be liable for causing a catastrophic injury:
- The driver of a truck or vehicle that caused a car accident.
- A surgeon, doctor, or nurse in a hospital
- The person operating a boat that caused a boat accident
- The property owner that neglected hazardous conditions outside of his or her home that eventually caused a fall leading to catastrophic injuries
More than one person may be liable for a catastrophic injury. It is also possible for an establishment to be liable for causing the injury, such as a hospital or physician’s office.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Some of the most common catastrophic injuries to occur include:
- Third-degree burns
- Partial disfigurement
- Loss of a limb
- Damage to organs
- Damage to the spinal cord causing paralysis
- Brain damage
When these catastrophic injuries occur, victims are not just suffering physical, but also both mentally and emotionally.
Best Steps to Take After Sustaining a Catastrophic Injury
If you sustain a catastrophic injury, there are a few essential things you need to do. Be prepared to go to the emergency room right away. If you are not conscious when the injury occurs, someone around you will likely call emergency personnel for you. After going to the hospital and receiving treatment, contact an attorney to go over your situation and possibly get the claims process started.
Reach Out to a Glendale Catastrophic Injury Attorney Today
Catastrophic injuries can take a major toll on victims and their loved ones. If you have suffered from a catastrophic injury at the hands of another person who was being negligent and your life has dramatically changed because of it, you need to speak to one of our attorneys.
At Phillips Law, we will consult with you for free to find out if you do have a case. We would not expect you to pay anything out of pocket to us. The only time you would need to pay for the legal services provided is when you win your case and receive your compensation. Ready to talk to one of our experts?
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️