Flagstaff Motorcycle Accident Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
- Home / Practice Areas | Phillips Law Group / Practice Areas | Flagstaff | Phillips Law Group /
- Flagstaff Motorcycle Accident Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
Almost any motorcycle accident can cause severe injuries, no matter how slow the rider may have been traveling.
If you or a family member were injured or died in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced Flagstaff motorcycle accident lawyer at Phillips Law Group for help. You may be eligible to seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Our firm has more than two decades of experience obtaining more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients, including a $7.65 million settlement on behalf of a motorcyclist who suffered a skull fracture and traumatic brain injury. Founder Jeffrey Phillip is a Top 25 member of the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association.
Our lawyers are available 24/7 to discuss your claim with you. We charge no upfront fees and provide a free consultation to explain legal options you may have.
Give us a call at 1-800-706-3000 to get started on your claim.
Can I File a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
You may be eligible for compensation if our attorneys can prove the other driver acted in a negligent manner. Proving negligence is complicated because there are four parts:
- Duty of care ”“ You must establish the at-fault party owed you a duty to be cautious to prevent you from getting hurt.
- Breach of duty ”“ The at-fault party failed to uphold the duty of care and caused you harm. For example, the at-fault party may have been distracted or impaired while behind the wheel.
- Causation ”“ You must establish a direct link between the breach of duty of care and your injuries.
- Damages ”“ You suffered measurable damages, such as medical expenses or loss of wages.
A Flagstaff motorcycle accident lawyer at Phillips Law Group is prepared to review your situation during a free consultation.
Give us a call at 1-800-706-3000 to set up your free case review.
What Is My Case Worth?
This is one of the most common questions that we receive from potential clients, but there is no standard answer because every case is unique.
Your damages may consist of:
- Property damage ”“ You might be entitled to compensation for the cost to repair or replace your bike and any other property that was damaged in the accident.
- Medical expenses ”“ You may be able to receive compensation for emergency medical treatment, hospital stays, ongoing care, surgery, rehabilitation costs, imaging tests, medication and other medical expenses, both now and in the future.
- Lost wages ”“ Many motorcycle accidents make it impossible for motorcyclists to return to work quickly. Injury victims could receive compensation for time they missed while receiving medical treatment and recovering.
- Lost earning capacity – Some motorcycle accident victims are never able to return to work again or in the same capacity as before. Compensation may be available for lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering ”“ This refers to pain and suffering and mental anguish after the crash.
Our lawyers will need to review details of your accident to determine the value of an injury claim. We can discuss this information during a free case review.
Deadline to File a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Arizona
Most personal injury cases in Arizona, including motorcycle accidents, have a two-year filing deadline. This means cases must typically be filed within two years from the date of the accident. If you fail to file before the deadline passes, your claim could be barred.
There are various exceptions to this, so you may have a shorter or longer deadline. It is in your best interest to reach out to one of our experienced Flagstaff personal injury attorneys to discuss the deadline that may apply to your claim.
Can I Still Sue If I Was Not Wearing a Helmet?
Yes, you can still pursue a case if you were not wearing a helmet. Arizona law does not require motorcyclists to wear a helmet if they are at least 18 years old. This is an issue to discuss with a licensed Flagstaff motorcycle accident attorney in a free consultation.
Insurance Coverage for Motorcycle Accidents
Arizona has a fault-based insurance system. Generally, this means the person responsible for causing the motorcycle accident is also responsible for paying for the damages the victim suffers.
Every motorist in the state is required to maintain a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage, which pays for the other party’s property damage and bodily injury when the insured is at fault for the accident.
The minimum amounts of liability coverage include:
- $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person
- $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident
- $10,000 of property damage coverage
If our Flagstaff motorcycle accident lawyers pursue your claim, we can pursue the full value of your damages, up to the limits of the at-fault driver’s coverage (many drivers purchase more than the minimum required coverage).
You may also be able to obtain coverage from your own insurance policy, if you have the following coverages:
- Collision coverage ”“ This type of insurance coverage pays for damages to your bike that you cause.
- Medical payments coverage ”“ This type of insurance coverage pays for medical expenses no matter who is at fault for the accident.
If the other driver had no insurance or his or her insurance was insufficient to cover your damages, you may be able to receive compensation from your own uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. Arizona law requires motorcyclists and drivers to carry a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
Our Flagstaff motorcycle accident lawyers can review the insurance coverage that may be available in your situation. We are well-versed in Arizona insurance requirements and motorcycle laws.
Call us right away at 1-800-706-3000 for a free and confidential consultation.
Common Causes Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycle accidents are often caused by negligent drivers. Common examples of negligence that may lead to motorcycle crashes and injuries include:
- Distracted driving
- Turning in front of a motorcyclist
- Impaired driving
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Following too closely
- Disobeying traffic lights or stop signs
- Not checking blind spots before changing lanes
- Failing to signal before switching lanes
Risks Motorcyclists Face
Riding a motorcycle requires extra skill and attention to stay safe. Riders have an increased risk of accidents and serious injuries due to these factors:
- Lack of protection ”“Motorcyclists have virtually no protection in a crash, there are no airbags or seatbelts. Many riders choose to ride without a helmet. Even wearing a helmet may not prevent serious injury.
- Less visibility ”“ Motorcycles are smaller and can be quieter than cars, so other motorists may not be aware of them. Wearing brightly colored clothing can help increase visibility.
- Less stability ”“ Motorcycles have less stability than other types of vehicles because they only have two wheels.
- Road hazards ”“ Uneven road surfaces, wet pavement and road debris represent dangerous road hazards for motorcyclists that can cause a rider to be thrown from the bike or lose control.
Speak to Our Flagstaff Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
If you were harmed in a motorcycle accident or lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle crash, it is important to seek legal representation. Our Flagstaff motorcycle accident lawyers can review the circumstances of your claim during a free case review. We charge no upfront fees and only get paid if we recover compensation on your behalf.
Our main office is in Phoenix, not far from Flagstaff, but we can come to you or you can contact us by phone, case evaluation form or live chat any time.
Schedule your free consultation by calling us at 1-800-706-3000 or fill out our Free Case Evaluation form today.
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
I enjoy my work day here at Phillips Law Group and generally speaking I love my clients. Every day brings a new client or task to keep me on my toes. Administration keeps open communication and is hilarious most of the time! I love the way we celebrate FRIDAY, holidays and birthdays and how everything is so competitive. All in all I’m so fortunate to be here and I enjoy what I do.
Phillips Law Group is a company that has taught me so many things. Here your work, your dedication, effort and discipline are valued, in addition to the fact that, as a woman, as an immigrant and as a human being, I have been given value and empowerment. We are a successful law firm because all workers feel part of a great family. I am very proud and honored to work at Phillips Law Group.
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Phillips law group has an amazing staff and i recommend them to everyone.
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Sophia H. at Phillips Law Group has been an absolute joy to work with -quick, responsive, and professional in every interaction. Her breadth of knowledge, from administration to IT to finance, is nothing short of impressive.
Liz was great
I just wanted to thank Phillips law Group and Vanessa Rodriguez for all the help that she did for my daughter’s case. She was involved in her first accident and she needed the help to deal with these adjusters. Thank you again.
My Attorney Sean Davis and his paralegal Hannah Dustin worked on my case. They listened to the problems that I was having with my case and they both got right to work. First they found me a doctor that actually listened to my problems from my car accident and worked quickly to form a plan that was comfortable for me and the doctor. The doctor was the best and after a couple of procedures the pain in my neck was gone. Behind the scenes Sean and Hannah were working hard to get my case settled with the insurance company. They kept in contact with me on all aspects of my case. They settled my case much faster than I expected and for more than I was expecting. If you want two real professional legal people to work on your case, I would highly recommend Sean and Hannah to you. I cannot say enough nice things about these two. Thank you so much, Rickey Hart .