Flagstaff Mesothelioma Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
Mesothelioma is an incurable disease that leads to a fatal outcome. Unfortunately, the cause of this aggressive medical condition comes from asbestos, a fiber that was heavily used in manufacturing, construction and military industry in the early 20th century. Today, the popularity of the fiber has been diminished, but small particles can still be found in paint, older homes and even children’s makeup.
If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with a form of mesothelioma, it is in your best interest to contact a Flagstaff mesothelioma attorney at Phillips Law Group for legal guidance. Our firm has over 27 years of experience helping clients obtain millions of dollars in compensation. Our founding partner Jeffrey Phillips has consistently been selected as a Top 100 member of the National Trial Lawyers since 2014.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your claim during a 100 percent free, no-obligation consultation. Since we work on a contingency fee basis, there are no upfront fees to worry about for our services. We only get paid if we help secure compensation for you.
What Are the Different Forms of Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma is an aggressive, cancerous tumor that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. These fibers commonly form in the lining of the lungs but can also be found in the tissue around the abdomen, heart and even testicles. The life expectancy for most mesothelioma patients is typically 12 months after diagnosis.
There are several types of mesothelioma. These include:
- Pleural Mesothelioma ”“ Pleural mesothelioma forms in the lining of the lungs. It is the most common form of the disease making up approximately 70 percent of all cases. This form is generally not diagnosed until it has progressed into its later stages. Symptoms include shortness of breath, coughing, fatigue and chest pain.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma ”“ This is the second most common form of the disease making up about 15 to 20 percent of all mesothelioma cases. In this form, the cancer cells grow in the lining of the abdominal cavity, called peritoneum. Symptoms include abdominal pain, swelling, weight loss and fluid in the abdomen.
- Pericardial Mesothelioma ”“ This form of mesothelioma is very rare and is diagnosed in less than 50 people in the U.S. each year, or one percent of all cases. The cancer cells form in the lining of the heart sac, known as pericardium, and causes symptoms like fluid buildup, chest pain and arrhythmia.
- Testicular Mesothelioma ”“ There are only about 100 diagnosed cases of testicular mesothelioma. This form develops in the lining of the testicles and presents pain in the testicles and scrotal swelling caused by fluid buildup. Patients with this disease have a better life expectancy ”“ averaging about two years after diagnosis.
Can Mesothelioma Be Cured?
Unfortunately, there is no a cure for mesothelioma. The issue with diagnosing this medical condition is that many people who have it do not detect symptoms until much later in life. However, early detection and treatment could help extend one’s life expectancy. It is important that you reach out to your doctor to better understand your diagnosis.
If you or a loved one is a victim of mesothelioma, you may be eligible to seek compensation.
Reach out to our Flagstaff mesothelioma lawyers to review your claim in a free consultation.
Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Do I Have a Mesothelioma Case?
It is difficult to determine if you have a case without knowing the specifics of your situation. That is why we recommend contacting an experienced attorney from our firm so that we can get a better understanding of your condition and determine the best course of action for you to take.
Our legal team will look into several factors to help decide whether you may take legal action. Some of these factors could include:
- Medical documentation that describes your form of mesothelioma
- Documentation you may have available about your work history
- Details that you can recall about your work history, particularly working with materials containing fibers of asbestos
- Information from others in your previous work who may have come forward with a mesothelioma case
- Any evidence that shows your previous employer has used asbestos-containing products
What is the Value of My Mesothelioma Case?
Every mesothelioma diagnosis is unique, as is each case. The value of case will depend on many different variables, such as the extent of asbestos exposure, economic losses from being unable to work, and medical expenses incurred since being diagnosed.
Should you have a case and decide to move forward, we will work hard to pursue your out-of-pocket losses and any of future expenses that you may incur as a result of the disease.
Some of these damages could include the following:
- Cost of chemotherapy and radiations
- Cost of surgery
- Imaging testing like MRIs, X-rays, CAT scans
- Palliative care
- Assistive medical equipment
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
In the event the asbestos company responsible for your mesothelioma has filed for bankruptcy, you may also be able to pursue compensation from a special trust fund.
We understand that this may be a difficult time for you and your family. If we represent you, we can handle the entire legal process on your behalf so that you can focus on your health.
Do not hesitate to call us now at 1-800-706-3000 .
Is There a Time Limit to Take Legal Action?
Mesothelioma claims are generally handled as personal injury cases. In Arizona, personal injury cases must abide by the rules set by the statute of limitations. This determines all time restrictions that apply in these types of cases.
In most instances, you have two years from the date of the diagnosis to take legal action. Cases filed after this deadline run the risk being barred from court and being unable to obtain compensation.
However, because each case is different, there may be some exceptions to this rule. You may be required to file before or after the deadline. A licensed Flagstaff mesothelioma attorney from our firm can review your situation and determine if any exceptions apply.
Occupations Exposing Workers to Asbestos
Throughout the 20th century, asbestos was incorporated into thousands of construction, household and commercial products. These products include paints, drywall, insulation, bricks, pipes, and cement and concrete. Among many other materials.
However, occupational asbestos exposure is the number one cause of contracting mesothelioma. This is because repeated exposure puts workers at grave risk. Occupations at a high risk of asbestos exposure include:
- Construction workers
- Industrial workers
- Power plant workers
- Factory workers
- Asbestos mining
- Steel mill workers
- Shipyard workers
- Textile mill workers
- Boiler workers
Occupations with a moderate risk of asbestos exposure include:
- Chemical plant works
- Cement plant workers
- Auto mechanics
- Metal workers
- HVAC mechanics
- Oil refinery workers
- Railroad workers
If you have been exposed to asbestos fibers in your workplace and have since been diagnosed with mesothelioma, to contact our legal team at Philips Law Group today.
Contact an Experienced Flagstaff Mesothelioma Attorney Today
Having legal representation on your side can be an important part of the recovery process. We have helped thousands of clients over the past two decades obtain millions in compensation for the losses they have endured.
Reach out to us to schedule your free consultation with us as soon as possible so that we can get started reviewing your claim. There are no upfronts legal fees when you work with us. We only get paid if we successfully obtain compensation on your behalf.
Call 1-800-706-3000 . We are available 24/7 over the phone or online.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️