Avondale Catastrophic Injury Claims Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
A catastrophic injury can forever change a victim’s life. The injury may require extensive medical treatment and the victim may need assistance with their daily activities. If you or a loved one suffered a catastrophic injury from an accident caused by another person or entity’s negligence, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for the damages you sustained.
Reach out to our qualified Avondale catastrophic injury attorneys to find out if you have a case. Our team has decades of combined experience and has obtained millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of our clients, including a $7.65 million settlement for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury.
We can discuss your situation during a free, no obligation consultation and determine if your claim is eligible for compensation. We provide our services on a contingency fee basis, so there are no upfront costs or attorney’s fees. We only get paid if we help secure compensation for your claim.
To learn more, contact Phillips Law Group at 1-800-706-3000 .
Am I Eligible to Pursue Compensation?
During your free consultation, one of our licensed attorneys will evaluate your situation and determine if you have a valid case. Your catastrophic injury must have been the result of negligence, which has four elements:
- Duty of care ”“ Your lawyer must first be able to prove that the negligent party owed you a legal duty of care. For example, a driver is legally obligated to follow road signs to prevent an accident.
- Breach of duty of care ”“ The at-fault party breached his or her duty of care by acting in an unreasonable manner and causing an accident. For instance, a person driving under the influence of alcohol breaches his or her duty of care by choosing to put others at risk of an accident.
- Link between your injuries and accident ”“ There must be a direct link between the at-fault party’s breach of duty of care and the injuries you sustained. We will need to show that if the negligent party handled the situation differently, you would not have suffered an injury.
- You incurred damages ”“ We must prove that you suffered losses, such as medical bills, loss of income or mental anguish.
If our Avondale catastrophic attorneys can prove the four elements of negligence, you may have a valid case and be able to move forward in pursuing compensation.
Is There a Deadline to Take Legal Action?
Each state has its own statute of limitations for personal injury cases. This means that there is a limited amount of time to take legal action and seek compensation.
In Arizona, personal injury victims generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim. Missing this deadline may result in the victim losing the opportunity to seek compensation for the damages they experienced. It is important to recognize that building a strong case is often time consuming, so it is recommended to speak to an attorney as soon as possible after an accident.
There could be exceptions for your claim that allow you more time to file, so it is important to talk to a lawyer to find out the deadline for your claim.
What Is the Value of My Case?
The value of each case varies depending on many factors, such as the severity of the injury, the amount of time it may take to make a full recovery and lost wages from missing days at work. Reviewing your claim with an experienced Avondale catastrophic injury attorney is important because he or she can help determine the value of current and future damages.
Economic damages are the financial losses you experience in the aftermath of the accident. Keeping track of receipts and other documents relating to your injury helps validate these costs. Some examples of economic losses include:
- Past, current and future medical bills
- Cost of surgery
- Assistive medical equipment; wheelchair, crutches, hearing aids
- Costs of home remodeling to accommodate to a new disability
- Medications prescribed by your doctor
- Physical or psychological therapy
- Rehabilitation costs
- Costs of transportation to doctors’ appointments
- Property damage; repair or replacement costs
- Loss of income from being unable to work
- Loss of earning capacity
- Cost of hiring a caregiver
The value of these types of losses is more difficult to measure because they do not have a monetary value assigned to them. They are subjective and based on what each victim experiences:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of reputation
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship
If your injury was caused by another’s recklessness, we may be able to pursue punitive damages. These damages are meant to punish the at-fault party for his or her reckless behavior.
Learn more by contacting our firm. Your initial consultation is 100 percent free of charge.
Why Working with a Lawyer from Phillips Law Group Is Beneficial
At Phillips Law Group, we have a deep understanding of the hardships injury victims experience. If you have a valid case, we are ready to handle the following tasks on your behalf:
- Investigating the accident ”“ We can run a thorough investigation to determine the cause of the accident and who may be held responsible for your injuries. This step may require hiring an accident reconstruction specialist.
- Determining value of your claim ”“ We use our knowledge and experience to determine a fair value of your claim and negotiate for maximum compensation on your behalf.
- Communicating with insurance companies ”“ Insurance companies are out for their best interests, not yours. This means they will use certain tactics to try to get you to say something that will hurt the value of your claim. We are aware of these tactics and know how to protect your claim.
- Building a strong case ”“ This involves gather evidence, such as police reports, video or photo footage of the accident, witness testimony, and medical documentation.
We are also prepared to represent your claim in court if necessary. We only get paid if we succeed in obtaining compensation.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Catastrophic Injury?
Generally, the person who caused the accident is responsible for your damages. Examples of parties that may be liable for causing a catastrophic injury include:
- A property owner who did not address a hazardous condition on the property
- A driver of a truck or vehicle whose negligence caused a car accident
- A doctor, nurse, or surgeon in a medical malpractice case
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are generally injuries that permanently disable a person or drastically decrease his or her quality of life. Types of catastrophic injuries may include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Brain damage
- Spinal cord damage
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Third-degree burns
These injuries can change the course of a person’s life. It is important to have a strong legal team represent you, so that you can pursue the justice you need to move on. At Phillips Law Group, we strive to help accident victims get their lives back on track.
Contact an Avondale Catastrophic Injury Attorney Today
Get in touch with our firm today for a free consultation. We have a proven track record of getting our clients the compensation they needed to move forward with their lives. We have a team of award-winning attorneys who are ready to assist you.
Founder Jeff Phillips is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100 and the National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers ”“ Top 25.
If we represent you, we charge no upfront fees. We only get paid if your case is successful and you receive compensation.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️