Safety Tips For Riders
- Home / Motorcycle Accidents /
- Safety Tips For Riders
Motorcycle wrecks have the highest rate of fatality of all motor-vehicle collisions and are more likely to result in serious and debilitating injuries. This is why we recommend that Arizona motorcyclists take precautions to protect themselves in case they are involved in a motorcycle accident.
By following these safety tips, you increase your chances of walking away from an Arizona motorcycle accident.
Before Getting on the Road
Before taking your motorbike out on the road, it is important to make sure that it is functioning properly. Check the oil and fuel levels, and test the lights, brakes and turn signals on the bike.
If it has been awhile since you have used your motorcycle, a more extensive examination may be necessary. Check the bike cablesto make sure they are not worn or frayed and that the tires are in good condition and correctly inflated.
Lubricating the chain and adjusting it according to the manufacturer’s specifications is also a good idea. A refresher training course for riders is also recommended if you have not been on a bike in more than a few months.
Proper Motorcycle Apparel
The sense of freedom is what attracts most motorcycle enthusiasts. However, when you are on the open road, there is very little protection for riders.
Investing in proper motorcycle apparel can help provide you with more protection in case you have a motorcycle accident. Recommended gear for motorcyclists includes:
- Helmet: While Arizona does not require riders over the age of 18 to wear a helmet; it is still a recommended safety practice for motorcyclists of all ages. Investing in a high-quality helmet could be the difference between a fatal or less severe injury. Helmets reduce the risk of head and neck injury by over 30 percent.
- Eye Protection: If your helmet does not come with a face shield, it is important to wear goggles or glasses with safety lenses to protect your eyes. In addition to protecting your eyes in the event of an accident, proper eye protection could keep your vision clear of bugs, dirt and other debris from the road.
- Leather Jacket and Pants: Leather pants help protect a motorcycle accident victim against road rash injuries caused by sliding across a paved road
- Boots or Sneakers: It is important to wear boots or sneakers that cover your ankles while riding a motorcycle. Proper footwear help to protect you while riding and can prevent or lessen an injury in the event of a wreck.
- Gloves: Durable, non-slip gloves can protect a motorcyclist’s hands in all kinds of weather conditions. In the event of a crash, a good pair of gloves can also help a rider brace against a fall.
Admittedly, while these items can only add a small degree of protection in a serious crash, these protective items may minimize injuries and increase your chances of survival.
Important Safety Tips While on the Road
There are a few safety precautions that all motorcyclists should take while sharing the road with others, including:
- Knowing your motorcycle’s limits
- Following the speed limit
- Properly using indicators
- Avoiding reckless driving; do not tailgate, weave through traffic or drive on the shoulder of the road, for example
- Be careful to avoid other driver’s blind spots
Arizona Motorbike Accident Lawyers
A motorcycle accident can be traumatic for everyone involved. While these motorcycle safety tips are intended to keep riders safer on the roads, sometimes an accident is unavoidable. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle wreck, it is important to seek legal counsel from an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
If the accident was caused by the actions or negligence of another driver, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your medical bills and other damages.
Free Case Review. Ph: 1-800-706-3000
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
Phillips law group is a great firm! Caroline is great.
Working at Phillips Law Group has been great the 1st few years in I noticed how well organized and run this Firm was from Intake to Settlement the Client has the expertise of a staff member uniquely qualified for the particular stage of each Clients claim and all other Law firms try to emulate what we do here but none quite get it right because they lack one major component “Compassion”. We are a FAMILY not just a group of people/employees. We care deeply about each other and our clients’ we are considerate, compassionate and make sure that all our Clients’ needs are met from beginning to end. That’s because we treat our clients just like we treat each other. Nothing like walking through the office and saying Hello to fellow employees who always seem to be smiling. 16yrs in and it only seems to be getting better.
Definitely recommend! Awesome
Liz was great
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
Many companies talk about teamwork but few practice it. Many companies talk about an employee friendly environment but few actually provide it. At Phillips Law Group the foundation of our success is making sure we work as a team and that we work in an environment that allows everyone to thrive and be at their best every day. Our firm understands that in order for the client to have a great experience the people responsible for that client’s case must be given all the necessary tools and encouragement to make that happen. That’s the Phillips Way. As a manager of this firm in charge of several employees as well as directly affecting the client’s experience I take tremendous pride in saying we live by these premises and we work hard to build on them and make them better every day. This is an amazing place because it has amazing people working here!
Juan Roque has been integral with my legal needs. Communication has been easy. He conveys information I can easily understand without a lot of "Legal Fluff" jargon. I will certainly do business with Phillips Legal team again and refer them to my friends and family.
The lawyers here are of top quality. Especially Trey Dayes, who was always respectful and hard-working.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️