How Much Is a Rear-End Motorcycle Accident Worth?
After being injured in an Arizona rear-end motorcycle accident, you may wonder, “How much is my accident claim worth?” The value of your claim depends on the total losses you have suffered due to the motorcycle accident and your injuries.
There is no average settlement amount for motorcycle accident cases because no two accidents are alike. Some rear-end collisions result in minor property damage, while others cause catastrophic injuries. Minor accidents may settle for a few hundred dollars, while major accidents could settle for hundreds of thousands.
In order to determine how much a rear-end motorcycle accident claim is worth, it is essential to have a personal injury lawyer review the details of your case. Let Phillips Law Group review your case. We offer free case evaluations and can help you determine what your claim is worth.
Schedule your session today. You can reach us 24/7 at (602) 222-2222 or fill out our free case evaluation form here on our website.
Factors That May Affect a Rear-End Motorcycle Accident Settlement
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, there are well over 2,000 motorcycle accidents in Arizona every year. Since every motorcycle accident claim is different, compensation will vary on a case-by-case basis. There are various factors that will be relevant when it comes to assessing what your particular claim is worth.
The following are some factors that will be taken into consideration when calculating your rear-end motorcycle accident settlement:
- Who was at fault? Were you partially to blame?
- How many defendants are involved? What type of liability coverage do they have?
- How old are you?
- What does your motorcycle accident liability insurance cover?
- Were you wearing a helmet?
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- Will your injuries result in permanent disability?
- Are you expected to make a full recovery from your injuries?
- What are the costs of your medical treatments?
- Will you require ongoing medical care?
- How much time at work have you lost?
- Has your future earning potential been reduced?
- What is the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle?
- How have your injuries impacted your daily life?
- Are you experiencing depression, PTSD, or other psychological trauma since the accident?
- How has your accident affected your spouse and/or other dependents?
Calculating Damages Following an Arizona Rear-End Motorcycle Accident
After your rear-end motorcycle accident, you will likely receive a call from the other party’s insurance company. The insurer may offer you an amount to quickly settle your claim. While it may be tempting to accept the offer and get a fast payout, keep in mind that the insurance company is not on your side.
The goal of the insurance adjuster is to get you to settle your claim for as low of an amount as possible. The amount that the insurer initially offers may not even fully cover your medical expenses, let alone your lost wages and other losses.
It is recommended to speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer before agreeing to a settlement and signing any paperwork with the insurance company. The amount that you receive as a payout should fully compensate you for any losses you sustained as a result of the collision.
At Phillips Law Group, our legal team has over 30 years of experience in successfully handling motorcycle accident cases. We know what is needed to build a solid case for you and how to accurately calculate the total worth of your claim.
Our legal team will gather evidence and documentation that shows your accident-related expenses including:
- Medical records
- Hospital bills
- Proof of income
- Documentation from your employer of missed work
- Estimates to repair or replace your motorcycle
- Motorcycle valuation estimates and more
Damages Awarded in Arizona Motorcycle Accident Cases
The types of damages you are awarded and the amount you receive will depend on a number of different factors. Your personal injury lawyer will work with you to determine how the accident and your injuries have affected you physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially.
Damages for which you may be able to recover compensation, especially with the help of an Arizona slip-and-fall lawyer, include:
- Present and future medical bills: A motorcycle accident can leave a victim with thousands of dollars in debt. An attorney can help you recover damages for hospital stays, MRIs, X-rays, prescriptions, surgeries, doctor’s visits, and other required medical expenses.
- Lost income: Injuries following a rear-end motorcycle accident may prevent you from returning to work. You can receive compensation for wages, bonuses, vacation time, and any other income you would have received.
- Loss of future earning potential: You may suffer long-term or permanent injuries that prevent you from returning to your previous job. If you are unable to return to work in the same capacity as before the accident, you can claim damages for loss of earning capacity.
- Property damage: If the rear-end accident resulted in damage to your motorcycle, you can file for compensation to repair or replace your bike. A lawyer can help you determine the current market value of your motorcycle.
- Pain and suffering: These types of damages are awarded to compensate for the physical, mental, and emotional trauma that a victim has suffered as a result of an accident. Examples of pain and suffering damages include loss of enjoyment, mental anguish, emotional distress, and loss of consortium.
- Wrongful death: Sometimes tragedy strikes and a motorcycle accident ends in a fatality. If you have suffered the loss of a loved one, you may be entitled to compensation for burial expenses, funeral costs, loss of support, and other wrongful death damages.
Our Arizona Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Get You Maximum Compensation
Suffering severe injuries in a rear-end motorcycle accident can cause major changes in your life. You may be left with chronic pain or be unable to return to a career you previously enjoyed.
If your life has been negatively impacted by an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, legal recourse may be available. At Phillips Law Group, our personal injury lawyers can review your case and help you file a claim or lawsuit against all negligent parties.
A motorcycle accident lawyer can:
- File your claim on your behalf
- Investigate the cause of the accident
- Gather evidence
- Identify all liable parties
- Calculate the value of your losses
- Negotiate a settlement
- Take your claim to court, if needed
When you have a trusted Arizona motorcycle accident lawyer on your side, you will have the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are not being taken advantage of by the insurance company. You can focus on your physical recovery while your lawyer handles your financial recovery.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Have you or a loved one been harmed in an Arizona motorcycle accident? If so, the experienced and compassionate personal injury lawyers at Phillips Law Group are here to help.
During your free case evaluation, we can analyze the details and determine whether you have grounds to file a claim. If you have a valid legal case, we can take it on and fight tirelessly to help ensure you get the outcome you want for your claim.
At Phillips Law Group, we have helped our clients recover over $1 billion in damages. We take all motorcycle accident cases on contingency, which means you do not pay any upfront costs for services. And if your case is unsuccessful, you don’t owe us anything.
Call us 24/7 at (602) 222-2222 or complete the free case evaluation form to schedule a free case evaluation.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️