Do I Have To Pick A Car Accident Lawyer Near Me In Case Of A Crash?
Few events are as traumatic and devastating as being involved in a car accident. In seconds, your life can be upended. An average day can suddenly lead to months of hospitalization, financial burdens, and property loss.
Even incidents that are minor can be stressful. This is especially true if your property was damaged or your vehicle was totaled in the collision. Minor accidents may still result in burdensome financial costs and painful injuries. In the aftermath of a wreck, you may be faced with a myriad of questions and heavy decisions. One important question is whether or not you need to pick a car accident lawyer near you.
Phillips Law Group is here to help after you have been involved in a car wreck. We have years of experience in protecting the rights of injured victims throughout Arizona and across the nation.
Don’t delay getting the justice and settlement that you deserve. Rather, discuss your legal options with us as soon as possible so you can make informed decisions about your case. Call us anytime at (602) 222-2222 or fill in the online contact form to schedule a free consultation with our legal team.
Does Location Matter When Choosing a Lawyer?
Deciding on a car accident lawyer is an important decision, but your search does not need to be limited by geography. When choosing a personal injury lawyer to handle your claim, make sure to consider both qualifications and experience.
When selecting a car accident lawyer, the most important factors include:
- The severity of your injuries and the type of damages you have suffered: If you have sustained serious injuries, an adept lawyer can help you seek compensation regardless of where you live.
- The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim in your state: In most states, you must file a claim within a certain period of time or else you will be unable to recover damages. The right lawyer can help ensure that your claim is filed in a timely manner and also negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. He or she may recommend you to another trusted attorney among the law firm’s trusted network.
- The fault laws of your state: If you live in a no-fault state, then it is likely that your own insurance company will cover your damages, regardless of who was at fault for the accident. However, insurance companies are known for offering lowball settlements. You should seek a lawyer who is not afraid of standing up to the insurance companies.
Do not let location limit you from getting the compensation that you deserve. You need proper legal representation, no matter where you are in the United States.
Give Phillips Law Group a call. We have years of experience in handling negotiations with insurance companies. Our Phoenix, Arizona, personal injury attorneys can fight aggressively for the money that you may be entitled to receive.
How to Choose the Right Car Accident Lawyer
What should you consider when choosing a lawyer? Do you have to go with a local lawyer or can you choose an out-of-state law firm? The answers depend on the details of your case.
Under many circumstances, it is fine to go with an out-of-state attorney. It should be noted, however, that the attorney you choose should be licensed to practice in the state where the collision occurred. There are several steps you should take when looking for legal representation.
You also want to make sure that the lawyer you choose is someone you can trust. This means finding a law firm with team members both honest and transparent about their fees and practices. You need to ask them how they intend on handling your case. Be sure to get clear answers to all your questions so that you feel confident in your final decision.
Your potential lawyer should never make you feel like an inconvenience for asking questions. If a potential lawyer makes you feel like an annoyance, remember that you have the right to seek out better legal representation. After being involved in a car wreck, you deserve someone who is willing and ready to fight for your rights. He or she should help you seek the maximum compensation possible for your case.
Here are some additional tips to consider when choosing a personal injury lawyer to handle your case:
- Look for an experienced lawyer. Car accidents can become complex very quickly, especially if multiple parties were involved. Therefore, you deserve a legal team with a history of success in handling similar cases.
- Get recommendations from others. An excellent way to find out whether a lawyer is experienced in handling auto collision cases is to ask for referrals from friends or family. Others in your network may have been in a similar situation as well.
- Look online for reviews and testimonials from previous clients. The biggest recommendation that a lawyer can receive is from his previous clients. Make sure your lawyer has a good reputation. Testimonials can help you determine whether or not you will work well together.
- Make sure that the lawyer you choose is licensed in your state. Each state has different laws when it comes to car collisions, so it’s imperative that your lawyer is familiar with the laws of your state and legally qualified to handle your case.
- Choose a lawyer who offers free consultations. Meeting with your prospective attorneys before hiring them will help you determine whether they will be a good fit for your case before you commit to anything. You should see that they prioritize communication with a kind and respectful attitude.
Choose Attorneys Ready to Help You Seek Justice
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 2.1 million car crash victims are injured each year. Sadly, across the nation in 2021, an estimated 42,915 people lost their lives in motor vehicle accidents. If you or a loved one has been left facing the painful aftermath of a crash that was not your fault, you can seek justice with the right help.
In short, you do not have to pick a law firm near you in case of a crash. You can choose any firm or lawyer you feel comfortable with, regardless of location. With these tips in mind, you now have the tools needed to make an informed decision when selecting a personal injury attorney.
We encourage you to start your search with the legal team of Phillips Law Group. We are one of the largest consumer law firms practicing in Arizona, California, Utah, and beyond. We have offices across the State of Arizona and a nationwide network of attorneys ready to help you get the justice you deserve.
No matter where you are located, we can help you. Our attorneys have a successful history handling all types of car accident claims. These include hit-and-run incidents and wrecks caused by drunk or distracted driving.
Over the years, we have won more than $1 billion on behalf of our injured clients. We will work just as tirelessly for you when we take on your case, to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages.
After you or someone you care about has been involved in a car accident, contact Phillips Law Group today for a free consultation. When you contact any of our law offices, we can help you understand your legal rights and options so that you can make informed decisions about your case.
Don’t let distance get in the way of the settlement you deserve. Contact our law firm at (602) 222-2222 or fill out our online contact form to get started.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️