10 Facts About Driving Under The Influence
- Home /
- 10 Facts About Driving Under The Influence
The Arizona DUI Enforcement Unit has reported that over 7,000 people are arrested for a DUI each year, while many of these drivers are caught at DUI checkpoints located throughout the state. In the state of Arizona if an individual registers over a .08 blood alcohol content level, that individual may suffer the consequences of a DUI.
If you have been injured in a car accident contact one of our dedicated personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation.
As responsible members of our community, the lawyers at Phillips Law Group have gathered 10 facts about driving under the influence in order to demonstrate how prevalent these types of offenses truly are, and how devastating they may be.
10 facts about driving under the influence include:
- 211 children suffered fatalities from drunk drivers in 2010. Of these children, 62 percent were riding with a drunk driver
- An average of 27 people lose their live every day as a result of drunk drivers
- Between 50 and 75 percent of individuals that had their licenses revoked due to drunk driving are now illegally driving without a license
- Children who get involved with alcohol at a young age are seven times more likely to become involved in an alcohol related crash during their lifetime
- Coffee, exercise, and a cold shower will not make a person more sober. This is a common misconception, as only time will.
- Every 90 seconds a person is injured by a drunk driver
- One third of teenage traffic collision deaths involved alcohol or other substances
- Since 1980, the fatality rate of drunk driving has been cut in half
- The average drunk driver will drive 80 times under the influence before their first arrest
- There is a No Tolerance policy for drivers under the age of 21 caught with any alcohol in their system. These individuals may be fined, lose their license, or go to jail if they are caught.
Our car accident attorneys recommend no individual driver under the influence, instead designate a sober driver or find an alternate form of transportation. This will help you avoid the strict penalties associated with drunk driving and it could save your life, along with others on our roadways.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Liz was great
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️